BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a Slime tire pump be used to inflate an air mattress? This is small pump many on this site use, I don't know the part # or name. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I bought one when a local sporting goods chain went out of business. I bought the kit for 50% off retail and it definitely will pump up a tire. The kit had a complete tire plugging kit, slime, etc. I pitched the slime and used the extra space for something else.

If you want I'll look for the adapter and send it to you for free if I can find it. PM me if you are interested.

Loren

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Absolutely. You just need the little adapter that plugs into the tire chuck and you are good to go.

Loren

·
Registered
207 Posts
The slime pumps for bikes are mainly for high pressure rather than high volume. Yes it will work but it will take a LONG time if it is a like a double/queen mattress. You'll need to have the bike running with some rpms or you'll run the battery to nothing before the mattress is filled. The pump will also get very hot. I ran my truck battery down filling a large one, that was the impetous for me to go to dual batteries in it. A foot bellow pump is a better choice.

·
Registered
322 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts