BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched (and I'm sure they're out there), but I just cannot locate any detailed instructions on how to drill the Slave Cylinder Weep Hole and replace the Slave Cylinder. I live in NC and want to do this soon. (replace the Slave Cylinder and drill the hole. Can anyone help out with instructions? Does anyone live in the Southeast who has performed this modification? All help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
We just completed several bikes this weekend at Kevin Cooks. See the tech session thread in Northeast forum. Kevin has some very detailed instructions that he just completed and figures to post soon. We did JackD's in about 2 hours and mine in about the same but would have been quicker if we hadn't gotten it back together to the point the rear drive was installed when I realized we had forgotten to put the rod back in. Took her back apart and reassembled and still finished in about 2 hours. With the proper tools and instructions, I believe you can do easily. Better to have another set of hands as it make it much easier I believe.

Good luck we found 3 out of 4 bikes had leaking slave cylinders to some extent.

PM kevincook and I'm sure he will be able to send you his directions shortly.

Randy

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Kevin is the man.. his instructions are IMHO awesome. Even I can follow them. :D In his post today he said he was sending them out to the 'techies' to read them over and have them make suggestions.. that is how complete they are.. and his attention to detail.

Hold on.. I'm sure he will post them. :yeah:

The biggest show stopper is the special tool you need to set the mounting hardware/pins on the swingarm. You must have access to this tool. I asked Kevin to include a template for the cutout in the instructions so you can get one made. He was actually going to increase the cutout in his tool so the cutoff allen wrench will locate easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts