BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

SIRIUS Radio sounds great

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  HammerStar 
#1 ·
I've had the bike for just over one year and just had the free service turned on about an hour ago. So far I love it. I'm listening through my Schuberth helmet via blue tooth and the audio is better that the AM/FM that was I very satisfied with. It took a few minutes to get set up and then a few more for me to figure how to get it turned on for the bike, but once everything was set up, the sound seemed to me to be very good.

Now if I can just decide what to listen to!

#2 ·
Dan if you have never used Sirius before there are a few things to know.
1) if you go under a bridge or over pass it will stop working.
2) in very heavy tree lined areas it will cut in & out.
3) parking garages or even your own garage can block the signal.
You always need a clear line of site to the satellite for it to work.
I've lost the signal in Arkansas & Missouri many times in the past.

The thing I really like is you can listen to the same station from coast to coast or listen to every thing from rap to blues to country to rock etc etc.

#3 ·
Dan,

I didn't begin listening to my Sirius on the GTL until after having it for about 6 months (I took my first trip then). Since turning it on, I can't live without it! While I have been a big supporter of Sirius satellite in the car for some time, I can't believe how indispensable it is on a bike. Even if I move to a bike without a radio, I will install a Sirius system on it to appease myself while riding in the hinterlands.

#10 ·
Classic Vinyl and the Grateful Dead station rocks. I'll probably become a regular subscriber when the year is over.

#11 ·
Reid said:
Classic Vinyl and the Grateful Dead station rocks. I'll probably become a regular subscriber when the year is over.
Those were my favorite two stations when I had it on my LT. It was already on the bike when I bought it. Subscription lasted about another 6 months, then expired. Not long after that the radio took a crap. But I may venture into it again once I put a Jensen on the bike.

#13 ·
jbeoto said:
I just picked up my new K1600 GTL and I am already hooked on the satellite radio_One weekend on the bike and I already also ordered Sirius for the Internet. Now I got it anywhere my phone is. This is living it up :wave
Sounds like a possible addiction. There's help available.:wave

#15 ·
Quick answer - Call SIRUS and they will walk you through it. They will need unit number off of the radio that shows up on the screen as you switch functions.

You didn't ask, but I'd suggest waiting and get more familiar with the bike first before using any of the audio features.

#16 ·
Hey, Just for FYI.... I found out that you can suspend your paid service, in the off season ,for up to 5 months. Living up North the bike gets put away for months. Why pay for the service while the bike is in storage? I will turn off in November and restart in April of 2013. Every little bit of money helps...just call Listener Care @ 888-601-6302....Have your account number and or Radio ID (ESN) ready.....Kipper. ;)

#17 ·
nykipper said:
Hey, Just for FYI.... I found out that you can suspend your paid service, in the off season ,for up to 5 months. Living up North the bike gets put away for months. Why pay for the service while the bike is in storage? I will turn off in November and restart in April of 2013. Every little bit of money helps...just call Listener Care @ 888-601-6302....Have your account number and or Radio ID (ESN) ready.....Kipper. ;)
OK I'm confused (as usual) What is this "Off Season" you Speak of? :rolleyes:

#18 ·
katnapinn said:
OK I'm confused (as usual) What is this "Off Season" you Speak of? :rolleyes:
That's just code for folks that haven't yet figured out that you can move somewhere warm and ride all year 'round . . . :bike:

#20 ·
I just shut down my XM account due to non use in winter months. The rep tried very hard to keep my business on what they call a seasonal account. This apparently is offered if you tell them the radio is on a boat, motorcycle, snowmobile, etc. and is used only seasonally. The offered rate was $75/year. She admitted that they don't actually shut down your radio for the off season, they just accept that it is installed in a seasonal use vehicle, but it continues to work as before. This offer was in dealing with XM Canada, but I think the customer service department now covers both Canada and USA for both XM and Sirius, as they try to keep costs down. You can probably all take advantage of the seasonal account if the rate is appealing. I usually just call again in the spring and whine for whatever promotional rate is available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.