BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the chance of finding the previous owner of my LT on here?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
GJPinAU said:
What would be the chance of finding the previous owner of my LT on here?
Hi, Greg - welcome aboard. Seems the Aussie contingent is pretty active here and you just might find the PO (if they wanna be found!! ;) ).

You can go to the member list and be fairly selective in searching thru the roster. I'd first select the country listing, and then depending on how many show up, take a read on 'em. If you know any info on the PO ((name, location, etc), you can reduce the search selection for that. A little time consuming, butt if successful, then there ya go.

BTW - if you bought the bike from a reseller (dealer, etc), then they may offer to provide you with their info. Worse they can do is say "No"! ;)

Good luck. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
G'day Greg
I think slim for this site but you never know your luck, there is an aussie bmw motorbike club you might have more luck there, but it costs a few dollars to join I personally didnt bother with it I have a great time in this forum, most of the guys here are very friendly and offer great advise I just love tinkering with my LT I can strip her down in about 15min. first thing you need to buy is an electric screw driver

oh you could get some info from here I think I read a check costs $18

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:wave did I forget to say Welcome? yes I did so Welcome

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
The member page shows 338 members that list their country as Australia. There are prolly several more who don't show a complete profile. Likewise, there are prolly several who are no longer active on the list, and several who just lurk without joining. At any rate, you could do a further filtering by listing Aussie state, or even town/village if you have any idea where the PO is/was from. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Welcome Greg.
Not too many active on the Aussie forum these days, but you never know who's watching!
Is that your bike in the Avatar?
Juts noticed the sig says 2005, but the Avatar looks like a 2004...?

I know of at least one LT'er up your way (Daz).

Any questions, ask away (beware of the forum police though if you dont do at least a bt of a search first).. ;)

cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for the welcome.

I bought the bike from a dealer on the Gold Coast but according to the service manual she has been from Melbourne to Darwin back to Melbourne and then the Gold Coast.
It is an 04 delivery but is plated as an 05 (maybe the first of them?)

I'm still waiting for the dealer to change over the rego so I can register it here in NSW as the copper that pulled me over in Berowra was more concerned about it's out of state rego than anything else he had pulled me over for.

I have made contact with Mr Ward already and he has given me some good (maybe too late for me) information on shocks (Procycles has repaired the rear for me) and the radio is only working on one channel but after many hours of reading on here I hope most new problems that arise will be easily dealt with.

Thanks again for your input :)

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
no prob.
most LT owners around might be up at Newcastle at the moment... I'm pretty sure its the Ulysses AGM this week/weekend.
I'm not visiting 'cause I've got a BIG trip starting the following weekend :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hi Chris there''s that word again "big trip" bet your getting a bit toey now buddy

·
Registered
342 Posts
GJPinAU said:
Many thanks for the welcome.

I have made contact with Mr Ward already and ...
Regards,
Greg
huh who's this Mr Ward guy??? oh that's me...doh!...cmon Greg, Phill is the name and Beryl Beemer the ride.....hahahah

cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just showing some respect for the "senior members" LOL.

Received the rego papers today so I can change over to NSW rego which will keep the coppers happy.

I've managed to put in a couple of good rides lately with "The Pillion". One out to Windsor via Kenthurst, then to Wisemans Ferry and up to Peats Ridge. I have to remember to drink water as I was fairly dehydrated when I got home.

Today's ride was to Terrigal for coffee then on to Budgewoi on the coast road, return on the F3 to Calga then the old road back home.

I'm loving this ride! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
yep never know who is here, I am still alive and look in occasionally. very busy with two jobs at the moment. OVER THAT!!!! badly need to go for a ride. but have a failing venture that is draining me of life and money ." Franchising" = 21 st century slavery that you buy yourself into. don't ever go into any of these things. EVER.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey Dave
good to hear from you, been a while. come down to portland for a visit mate help you forget your woes for a while and welll show you around
we caught up and met chris and Kerry from sydney the other day

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Hey Dave... sorry to hear the troubles.. that'd be the Hard Rock Ice cream thing?
Try a Darrell Lee next time, that'll only be a Rocky Road (got to have some levity here...;))
Hope you stay on top of it all mate.

Greg, didn't hang around to watch them drop the "Adelaide" did you? That was just around the corner from Terrigal... know it well cause I've surfed there on & off for many years.

cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cws said:
Greg, didn't hang around to watch them drop the "Adelaide" did you? That was just around the corner from Terrigal... know it well cause I've surfed there on & off for many years.

cheers
Sorry Chris, that would have been something to see but I stayed at home and mowed the lawns, did a load of washing, cleaned the kitchen. Totally domestic! LOL
Unlike some huh! :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally!
NSW Rego done today :)

Interesting, in todays mail there was a renewal notice from QLD.
2 points: First, why would they let me re-register the bike when I live in NSW?
Secondly, $400 including CTP!!! ($259 with Allianz).
I paid $575 with InsureMyRide and that was the cheapest I could find.
I've been out of the loop on this but geez!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts