BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just did the 24,000 mile service on my 07 and upon completion of reassembly I now have the right turn signal on constantly, both front and rear. The left side works fine..
What would cause that. The oddments box was a bear to reconnect because of the CB and tight quarters but I thought all the the connections there where for audio stuff. I checked fuses but don't think the lights would be on constantly if one where blown.
I did have it naked to include the tank for the fuel filter, air filter and coolant change out. Did the plugs and wires also.
Everything else works fine.
Thoughts?

Rick

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
do you have a tow bar? you also need to check if you have caught a wire on that side and its grounded

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tow bar. Was hoping not to have to remove the Tupperware again, but guess a short makes sense.
Thanks for the reply
Rick

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
look up under the front the indicator wires can be seen.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
None of the "stingray" connectors are involved in your problem. I would pull the right front turn signal (one screw) and inspect the wires as far back as you can. Even if the switch was stuck or shorted the lights should flash. But you said on constantly as in flashing constantly? Or on solid? If they are flashing all the time I would trace the harness from the switch gear down to the area under the cowl as there could be a pinched wire there. This harness runs all the way down to the relay box under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On solid as soon as the ignition is on. Looks like I'll be disrobing the red head again. I'll start on the right upper fairing.
Thank you for your response
Rick

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the problem. Bulb was not seated well in the light fixture on the upper fairing. I feel much better now.
Thanks for the support.
Rick

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
well done :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts