BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See a bike in my mirror today, coming up easy.

Dang!

It's a Harley!

It's Quiet!

The rider has on a Full Face Helmet!

He passes me and...

He's a full patch Hells Angel!

Shoulda' seen the old stereotypes flyin' outta my window!

·
Registered
11 Posts
plain scary...

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D
KBandit said:
it was sonny barger on his LT.

Nah, It wasn't THAT quiet! :D

Wonder if Sonny ever visits here? :cool:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
california hiway 880 is a few miles from my home, and it runs north into the heart of oakland. i often see angels on 880, usually in packs of two. they seem to be good riders and everyone gives them a wide berth. they don't bother anyone.

however there is a local gang of riders who call themselve the 51/50 (have no idea why) who all ride high-perf sportbikes who ARE a public menace. they are famous for their 60 mph wheelies for miles on end up and down 880. frankly, they frighten me. if they want to risk life and limb more power to ya. but if one were to go cartwheeling out of control (as they sometimes do) they could easily cause a major mishap that could suck nearby cars into a big pileup.

so, uhhh ... i'll take the angels.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
51/50 = Mentally/Emotionally disturbed person (police code)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sonny Barger sighting

Saw Sonny this summer on the turnpike just east of Tulsa broke down. Offered to help but he had someone coming from Joplin, Mo to help. Had about 8 of his friends with him.

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
I thought it was a Van Halen album. ;)

I haven't seen Sonny, but I did see an LT-riding HA on the 101 near Hollister this spring. His buddy was on a Sportster, and both patches were clearly visible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts