BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've met the mininum quantities required to have Siebenrock produce a run of custom oil-proof k1200lt clutch disks for members of this board.

This thread -- http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59348 -- has all the details.

Since the production lead time is 4 weeks from order to delivery, I'd like to wrap this up as quickly as possible. I'll keep the order book open until the end of the day friday, at which time I'll tell Siebenrock how many we'll be purchasing.

So if you were thinking about it --- its time to get in or get out. ;-)

If you want in-- PM me with your complete contact details:

* real name
* shipping address
* e-mail address
* phone number

Thanx for playing. Happy to have made this happen.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to be wrapping up this buy at the end of the day friday....3/25....so if you've been thinking about it...time is running out.

If you'd like to participate...PM me with your contact details to confirm your interest.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going....going......

;-)

but seriously. i'll be closing the book on this one at the end of the day today.

so if you want in, PM me with your name, shipping address, e-mail and phone number.

if you indicated interest before, but havn't sent me your confirmation and particulars, do it now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a heads up...I just got an e-mail from siebenrock that our clutches are in their house.

Because of customs requirements, they have to ship in two separate shipments, but the first box will go out today!

Will update as soon as they show up!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks for the update. Many never give updates, its really appreciated.
Now i will have one whenever this one wears out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If there are any left overs I would be interested in getting one. Went to the mountains this past weekend and clutch started slipping. One Question: Is the clutch installable by DIY?

thanks

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You can do the clutch yourself... It's a heck of a job, but lots here have done it..

John

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey clutch buy participants!

The first box of 2 boxes from germany has shown up at the "shamieh-beemer-skunk-works"

just FYI -- Siebenrock intelligently divided their shipment into 2 containers to keep the declared value beneath customs limits.

We have 7 of the 13 that have been ordered in house and when the second box hits i intend to inspect them all to ensure that we've gotten what we paid for, then repackage them and send them out.

I've had 2 of them unpacked for inspection and they appear to be a very precisely made product -- all have been individually balanced and have specially made plugs to protect the drive splines during shipping.

schweet! ;-)

will send out notice when they go back in the USPS for re-shipment.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Mine can be sent from the second box.

Best from Tucson
Bob

PS: many thanks for all of your work on this project.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
GREAT WORK ON THIS PROJECT!
I look forward to the installed and operational results!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would definitely like you guys to keep tabs on how this is going to work. I would have loved to have been on the list for the buy, but I was busy doing the life thing and well ya know how that works sometimes. Maybe I can be on the next order if there is one.

I await the installs and feedback :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back from the jefferson, maryland post office --- all the clutch plates have been repackaged and have reshipped USPS priority mail.

Everybody -- except maybe you, ross ;-) -- should have them in hand by the weekend!

Please let me know if there are any delivery problems, and feel free to share stories from the service bay once you take wrenches in hand. I'm dying to know how these things work once in the bike too.

Thanx for playing, everybody. ;-)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Just got mine in the mail, nice piece of work! Hope I never have to use it but if the clutch ever goes I will be ready!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
saddleman said:
I got mine & now I have to find time to install it.
Bumping this thread to ask if ANYONE has installed this new oil resistant clutch? How is it working? Fit?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts