BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could provide me a source to buy a Siebenrock clutch. If you know of someone here in the states for that purchase, I would greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU!!!

Glenn

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Saw a recent thread indicating that Bob's BMW was selling them now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was the one that wrote the thread on the Siebenrock clutch from Bob's BMW. What I forgot to mention in the start of this thread was that it will take 6 - 8 weeks to get one from Bob's BMW. So I was looking for an alternate source.

That was all...thanks again everyone.

Glenn

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
southern_nj said:
I was the one that wrote the thread on the Siebenrock clutch from Bob's BMW. What I forgot to mention in the start of this thread was that it will take 6 - 8 weeks to get one from Bob's BMW. So I was looking for an alternate source.

That was all...thanks again everyone.

Glenn
I thought that was you. LoL

I just checked the Siebenrock online store, and the price delivered to the USA looks like $279.17, which is quite a bit more than the price via Bob's. Of course, if I ordered from Bob's there would be no sales tax for me.

For the extra $55 or so, I would wait the eight weeks since my clutch, though intermittently slipping, still grabs most of the time and two up riding all day only produces a handful of momentary slips, each of which is immediately resolved by pulling the clutch and releasing it.

YMMV.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Hey Glenn, If it takes that long for delivery of the Siebenrock clutch from Bob's, I better get one on order before making the big conversion!! Any idea how long it would take if ordered directly from the source?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there everyone...I was on the phone with Bob's BMW yesterday and spoke with Colin in their parts department -- nice guy and will spend goodles (is this an actual word?) of time with you on the phone -- remember it is February and things are slow.

Here is the skinny on the siebenrock clutch: They are getting rave reviews from what they were able to research on the clutch (per Colin who is actually buying one for his bike). From what Colin told me, they already placed an order for a variety of siebenrock clutches -- not too sure if they placed them with Siebenrock (they don't make them) or the actual manufacturer. Nonetheless, they don't know when they will be in as per my 2/14/12 conversation but suggested that I call later today to get more information and pricing details (that's right, they don't even know what the SRP is for the clutch.

Additionally, you can order from siebenrock as of today -- I think the price tag is around $300 for it (price + shipping). Here is an actual email from Siebenrock:

"Hello Mr. Glenn

You can order this clutch 2122456 directly in our webshop.
The shipping cost are about 20-23Euro shipping time 2-3 weeks maybe shorter.

Best regards
Siebenrock Team
Krystian Segieth"

Hope this helps...stay tuned!

Glenn (not Mr. Glenn -- LOL)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was looking at the Siebenrck website and the clutch we are talking about translates as
OIL RESISTANT , oil proof if you want to stretch it.

Any other germans want to take a shot at it.

"Oelfest"

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok I went in to Siebenrock online shop and took some informations out there and translate them for you.

- The part number for the LT is 212 245 6
- It is a oil resistant clutch "ölfest" will withstand some oil spillage
- The price is 198,- € but for you in the states - 19% tax = 160,- € is about 210 ,- $
- Shipping with DHL is about 15,- € = 20,- $
- Shipping time 2- 3 weeks regarding to Siebenrock

Hope could help you Guys, as I said before if you need any assistance over here let me know.

Manfred

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Winghunter said:
Manfred, do not invest time in that issue. I did it already and it was just ignored.

How many threads have been opened already regarding the Siebenrock clutch issue????

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65152
Manfred, Rudy: Your efforts are appreciated, I think there are probably a lot of wait and see type folks on this issue (like me).

My impression from following these threads is that no one has put any serious miles on a Siebenrock on an LT, and even if they had, they probably would not have any oil leaks to challenge the clutch disk, as I suspect most put in new seals once they are that deep into the beast.

Still sounds like an attractive option to minimize the potential of clutch problems in the middle of nowhere USA.

Vielen Dank!

Jim H.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts