BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

I just received the Sidi On Road Gortex Boots and they are great looking boots!! But are extremely stiff!!

Just wondering how others have "break-in" the boots.

I have had combat boots that were soaked in water ( inside and out) and wore them till they dried!! This worked with the combat boots but these are gortex inside.

Any suggestions on the best way for these boots??

Regards,
Bowdon

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have the same boot. Ya just need to put a couple coats of mink oil on them....that will loosen them up. :wave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Bowdon,

I have these new Sidi's, too – love 'em. I was on a long (1800 mile) ride last week and was surprised how quickly they loosened up after just a couple of days riding. You may not want to wait that long, so the water trick or mink oil might be a good short-cut. Some folks use Nix Wax, too. For me personally with the various brands of Goretex mountaineering boots I've used over 30 years, I've found just letting them break in naturally has given them the longest life without losing the waterproofing.

Bob

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I don't ever do anything special to break in a pair of boots except wear them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine broke in pretty quickly and are very comfortable to walk in. I will say it's my first pair of boots that came up so high on my calf. For the first 3 or 4 rides I needed to shift a little more deliberately until the material around the ankle broke in a little. Best boots I've ever owned!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts