BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got tired of wearing out the toes of my Diadora boots (no replaceable toe slider :(), so I bought a pair of SIDI boots last May. The old adage 'You get what you pay for' rings true again. These SIDI boots have been the best boots that I have ever owned to date. They are extremely comfortable, and waterproof. And they keep my feet warm in colder temps, but also let them breathe in hotter temps.

Last week, I ordered replacement (metal) toe sliders and a tube of SIDI 'Protective Waterproofing Cream' from MotoNation.com. These new toe sliders should outlast the stock plastic ones. And this contioning cream really made these boots look brand new again.

I highly recommend SIDI boots if you're ready to step up your riding footwear to the next level. :thumb:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Those are some great looking boots. Which model/style Sidi are they...myt BMW Contours (bought used) are lookijg pretty sad right now....Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the SIDI 'Vertebra Te-Por' model. But I don't think they make this exact model anymore...but there are ones that are close. I am extremely impressed with the quality of these boots.
 

·
Old Dawg
Joined
·
3,281 Posts
I also ride with SIDI boots and really like them ;)
 

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
BTW, when you wear out the soles of your SIDIs, you can have them resoled. I'm on my second resole on my OnRoad Sympatex and they are still as good as new (well, they don't look new, but they are still great).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,452 Posts
eljeffe said:
BTW, when you wear out the soles of your SIDIs, you can have them resoled. I'm on my second resole on my OnRoad Sympatex and they are still as good as new (well, they don't look new, but they are still great).
Hey, that's good to know. I've got a pair of those and eventually gonna have to see the cobbler. Gonna ax him if he can put a coupla finger pull loops on 'em too. Either on each side, or just one in the back (ala Roper style). Be nice if they stood up about two feet so I don't have to bend over so far, butt I'm workin' on that leetle problem!! :rolleyes: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
Jeff where do you get them resoled? Normal boot/shoe shop? TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Hey Mr. Joe I was looking at these boots as well. They are very comfortable. Do you think I can wear them on the truck? Or would that be bad form? These 'seem' to be racerboy boots designed to be on the bike, how are the soles wearing for you?

Thanks for your thoughts. Ken,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hdfan said:
Hey Mr. Joe I was looking at these boots as well. They are very comfortable. Do you think I can wear them on the truck? Or would that be bad form? These 'seem' to be racerboy boots designed to be on the bike, how are the soles wearing for you?

Thanks for your thoughts. Ken,
They are a tad "racer boy", but they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. And the soles are stilling looking great. I would not wear these for anything by riding however.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,328 Posts
messenger13 said:
They are a tad "racer boy", but they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. And the soles are stilling looking great. I would not wear these for anything by riding however.
Are they a good boot to ride somewhere and then spend the day walking and standing in comfort?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ibbones said:
Are they a good boot to ride somewhere and then spend the day walking and standing in comfort?
For me, yes. I've spent many a long day inside these SIDIs. And, they still smell brand-new inside.
Honest engine! (My wife even agrees. :))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,328 Posts
JMMRoad said:
Nike's won't fit a 13EEE not to mention my 13 EEEE either. When will New Balance start making boots for riding.
Man, I missed out. I have a 13 also but I need a B width. No, not a missprint. Long-n-skinny feet. That's why I like the kind that zip up or buckle to get tight.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top