BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any modification to sidestand to decrease the lean angle. Either by adding thickness to the footprint or length to stand. I have seen products out there for increasing the footprint on the RT's, but have not seen any products that may accomplish this on the LT's. Would like to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
579 Posts
What year is your LT? The 99's and 2000's were longer making it harder to park on the side of a crowned road and dragging in turns. Some states give away plastic disks to give a larger foot print. Turning the steering head to the right will make it lean less.

·
Registered
66 Posts
wilbar00c said:
What year is your LT? The 99's and 2000's were longer making it harder to park on the side of a crowned road and dragging in turns. Some states give away plastic disks to give a larger foot print. Turning the steering head to the right will make it lean less.

don't I know this... and I don't think I'm being aggressive at all in the left banking turns..

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I carry a 4" long piece of 1X4 wood in my coats pockets for those times where either soft ground of lean angle is an issue.

Very K.I.S.S. :dance:

Along with cutting 1/2 of the bumper OFF the stop to INCREASE lean angle :yeah:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a hockey puck routed out to accept sidestand base and screwed on. All curtesy of ODHawk. This works perfect for both of our bikes. If you want I can post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
541 Posts
sgttj said:
I have a hockey puck routed out to accept sidestand base and screwed on. All curtesy of ODHawk. This works perfect for both of our bikes. If you want I can post a pic tomorrow.
A picture would be great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts