BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Thanks!

You read my mind... was looking for an inexpensive (cheap) grease gun for that... I almost brought it to the dealer to get this done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're quite welcome. I've been looking everywhere for one to no avail. Then when I wasn't looking for one I stumbled upon it in our local store. I've been spraying mine with lithium grease for two years. I feel much better now that it's done right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,165 Posts
One can also buy these easily at just about any bicycle shop. That is what I did, with a tube of waterproof grease. Was about $8 with the grease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dshealey said:
One can also buy these easily at just about any bicycle shop. That is what I did, with a tube of waterproof grease. Was about $8 with the grease.

Not around here you can't.... I tried three different bicycle shops with no success. I even had a picture of one printed from the old forum. They all looked at me like I had two heads. Auto parts stores were no help either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,165 Posts
RS6654 said:
Not around here you can't.... I tried three different bicycle shops with no success. I even had a picture of one printed from the old forum. They all looked at me like I had two heads. Auto parts stores were no help either.
Strange, I have seen them in several bicycle shops in the San Diego area! Almost always in a counter display.

Also, most Internet bicycle supply companies have them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
A meat injector works pretty good and is CHEAP. Just cut the end off the needle, pull the plunger out and fill with grease. Under $3.00 Wal-Mart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
Damm been selling those for 25 years !! Used as Chain saw bar tip greasers.

Go to your local chain saw shop and spend @ $10.00

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dshealey said:
Strange, I have seen them in several bicycle shops in the San Diego area! Almost always in a counter display.

Also, most Internet bicycle supply companies have them.
Maybe it's a local thing. Doesn't seem to be much call for grease on beach cruisers which is about all they sell around here. As for the internet.... I did find some there but they were more money without shipping.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop...ubcategory_ID=&CFID=63412928&CFTOKEN=93479302

Besides the higher initial cost of the gun, I didn't want to have to buy a new tube everytime I needed a refill. The one from Harbor Freight works perfectly and can be filled for just pennies with my choice of grease. And it was only $7.00. A better choice for me all the way around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
And another possible solution

Needle point adaptor for your standard grease gun.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Grease Injector Needle

I was at our local TSC store today and found a very reasonable solution to greasing the side stand. They have a grease injector needle, (18 Gauge stainless steel), equipped with a standard grease fitting that allows you to attach it to any type grease gun. The best part is the price.... $3.24. If you don't have a Tractor Supply Company store locally, you may be able to get it at www.mytscstore.com.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top