BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the sidecase chrome strip that came with double sided tape in place. I worked the reflector off, but in shopping for some double sided tape to reattach it I found it for indoor uses only (carpet and such). Anybody know of a material that is suitable for outdoor use, and living in the Northwest, for rain? Much thanks, as usual.

Denny

·
Registered
49 Posts
Find an automotive paint supply store and get some double sided tape used for attaching body trim, usually made by 3M, it's tough stuff!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
we used THIS when I worked in the body shop. Get it at most auto parts stores. We also used it to seal the crankcase halves on our dirt bikes way back when. It kept water out when riding the creeks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
How about- WHere can I get this trim at? and is it possible to get the front trim as well?
thanks
Mikey ( AKA Nancy when I am getting free Motorcycle subscriptions..) :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
104strad said:
Find an automotive paint supply store and get some double sided tape used for attaching body trim, usually made by 3M, it's tough stuff!
That's what I used and you better have the position right before pushing parts together; really sticks well.

Bruce :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'd suggest also getting the black molding that goes over the trim. Looks great and protects that pricey trim so you won't have to replace it again. Tip-overs are tough on that side trim!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great advice folks. I picked some double sided tape at my Napa dealer and it worked fine. Thanks, again.

Denny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts