BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a side car installed on LT works okay. But I have no reverse, any ideas.
I get display indicating reverse is active no movement when throttle is activated.
The center stand was completely removed, is 2005 with electric centerstand
jim

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Had a side car installed on LT works okay. But I have no reverse, any ideas.
I get display indicating reverse is active no movement when throttle is activated.
The center stand was completely removed, is 2005 with electric centerstand
jim
I would probably tell the sidecar installer to fix it. Likely an interlock switch. I assume the side stand was also removed. I believe reverse checks for the sidestand. I can't recall what other interlocks are checked before reverse operation.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,169 Posts

jim
OK Jim you get reverse when the "R" is displayed but you don't use throttle you press the starter button. If all is well the bike will reverse and the idle will increase while you hold the starter button.

Otherwise I also would suspect the side stand switch, which will also prevent starting if you are in gear (good way to test it) even with the clutch pulled in.

Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
OK Jim you get reverse when the "R" is displayed but you don't use throttle you press the starter button. If all is well the bike will reverse and the idle will increase while you hold the starter button.

Otherwise I also would suspect the side stand switch, which will also prevent starting if you are in gear (good way to test it) even with the clutch pulled in.
LOL, I assumed he knew how to operate reverse and took the "throttle activation" to be the increase in RPM during reverse activation. However, I was perplexed as that shouldn't happen unless the interlocks are all satisfied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts