BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have ordered a Hannigan sidecar for 05LT. Can anyone offer any ideas about the
eazysteer option, is it worth installing on the bike ?

jim

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Hi Jim, when I had Hannigan put one of his sidecars on our 2002 K1200LT I did not have him put his eaststeer on our rig. After using the rig awhile I decided to call him up and have him send me one. I put the easysteer on our rig , and it turned a lot easier. but, it also changed the ride on the front end. It bottomed out the front shock a lot easier , so I had him send me one of his heavy duty front springs . I took the front shock off & put the heavy duty spring on it . That put the front end back up & riding like it should.

If I were to do it again, I would have had the easysteer & spring changed when I had the sidecar put on. BUT..We have had a sidecar rig and at least 2 or or 3 two wheel bikes to ride at any time. It is not safe to ride a bike as a two wheeler with the front end set up for sidecar work. A friend of mine tried it and put it in the ditch.:frown:...not good...So, If you are planning to ride it as a two wheeler, & put the side car on & off then the easysteer may not be a good idea.

I think the price of the eaststeer has gone up . It was around 400 when I got mine The heavy duty spring was around 130. There not real hard to put on, The spring is a lot of fun:wave I made a spring compressor out of wood & threaded rod, it worked OK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts