BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ground the stop(s) on the side stand/frame so as to have the stand angle a little more forward? When I use the side stand on a downward slope...I'm concerned that the bike is going to roll off and fall over. Seems as though a little metal could be shaved off to help rectify the situation.

FS

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Just leave it in first gear. I never use the side stand in neutral.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saddleman said:
Just leave it in first gear. I never use the side stand in neutral.
Ah- Ha!
Thank you Saddleman.

·
Registered
722 Posts
and remember to push the bike forward against the drivetrain lash and then set it on the sidestand. I think my bike has almost enough slack to roll off the stand if I didn't do this. I don't want to find out.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
I did and wished I hadn't as it now leans too far over. You would be surprized at the difference a "little" bit of metal can make. The amount of metal you would remove to make it a positive stop would mean you would need help getting it up off the stand. Just leave it in gear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know for sure the bike will roll off, on the side stand. It does not go-up as fast as it went down. Fortunately there two of us around, for the up-part. I now put it in first gear and let roll forward. Lesson-learned...............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts