BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currenlty ride an LT and every now and then think about the GT, since I do a lot of city riding. But the new GT looks like it has no padding when she naps, and that worries me cause I know she'll nap at least once a year or so. The old GT's along with the LT's have the plastic bumpers on the side.

Am I missing something or when she tips over the side will get all scratched up?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Napping with the GT is a no no. Very expensive mistake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are tempted by the GT but worry about dropping the bike, you might look at the Honda ST1300. It's in the same class as the GT, although a bit less sporty and somewhat heavier. They have very effective tipover guards as standard.

I don't like the styling much, but owners generally love the bike.

On the other hand, the GT is 100 pounds lighter than the LT (and 70 pounds lighter than the ST1300) - maybe you won't have any problems keeping it upright.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not that I have a problem keeping it up right, in a matter of fact I only dropped the LT once at a full stop because the passenger jerked to the right. But every now and then it tips when parked because it gets hit by a car (That's NYC for ya) That's what I'm worried about.

I do like the ST1300 though. Honda did a good job, but the GT is a much much better bike all around. (also a few thousand more)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts