BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realised my much loved Arai is not really up to the job of serious winter riding. It's very light and fits like a glove, but it's just too cold and prone to misting up.

Snow permitting, I'm doing some serious commuting at the moment, so although it was eye wateringly expensive I bought a C3.

Yes, it is quiet, although in tunnels it does boom quite a lot. I guess I didn't notice this with other helmets because of the wind noise. It's also much less drafty around the neck. I did find my head getting cold though, so wear a skull cap and am now toasty. The big flip means it's easy to put on without disturbing any scarf/headgear arrangements, which is a big benefit. It's actually my first flip helmet and I do like the flip.

It has a special 'pinlock' visor that's very resistant to misting. It's a bit like looking through a letter box at first, but then you realise the peripheral vision is like a normal helmet, it just has this pinlock frame. You can see misting outside of the pinlock, so it is effective. Around town there is some misting, but otherwise it seems very effective.

I'm glad I bought it, and it does what it says it does, but if I wasn't using the bike so much I would say it's too much money.

·
Registered
113 Posts
+1
I have being using the Shuberth C3 for about a year now and agree it is a fine helmet but very expensive. Check the “pinlock” visor seal from time to time as any gap will cause misting.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
+2

Bloody expensive, but there's nothing else out there with the features & fit that meets my needs/desires. I've had mine for 4-5 months; it's everything my C1 was, but better. It took the J&M headset well, too. The pin lock visor is a definite plus at 30 degrees.

·
Registered
244 Posts
mneblett said:
+2

Bloody expensive, but there's nothing else out there with the features & fit that meets my needs/desires. I've had mine for 4-5 months; it's everything my C1 was, but better. It took the J&M headset well, too. The pin lock visor is a definite plus at 30 degrees.
Good to hear Mark.. I have the older model tip up C1... and can see the day I have to replace it.. but where can I get it in the US.. I had heard the importer stopped... and I like the C3 !!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
billd said:
Good to hear Mark.. I have the older model tip up C1... and can see the day I have to replace it.. but where can I get it in the US.. I had heard the importer stopped... and I like the C3 !!
Post #10 in this thread:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40459&highlight=Schuberth

and post #s 27, 29, 31 and 33 in this thread:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39868&highlight=Schuberth&page=2

Have some details/thoughts.

Let me know if you have more Qs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts