BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
katnapinn said:
Not sure I'm comfortable playing " I'll show you mine if you show me yours " with you Garry but what the hell... :histerica

HERE IS MINE

The route home is just get on IH 35 to Austin no need to route that out. :rolleyes:


Steve,

What is your route from Holland up to the Soo?? Have you ever seen the tunnel of trees??

There is some great riding from Holland up the west coast to the bridge.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,603 Posts
dthogey said:
Steve,

What is your route from Holland up to the Soo?? Have you ever seen the tunnel of trees??

There is some great riding from Holland up the west coast to the bridge.
David
HERE YA GO
Tunnel of trees is on our "Side Trip" list if we have time to do it. Sammie has 4 or 5 light houses she wants to see along the way also. I just want to ride :bike:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
katnapinn said:
David
HERE YA GO
Tunnel of trees is on our "Side Trip" list if we have time to do it. Sammie has 4 or 5 light houses she wants to see along the way also. I just want to ride :bike:

Great, you will enjoy this route!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
Plus or minus

 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
562 Posts
The red route is from home to CCR. Green is from CCR to WA for a few days of business. Mauve is from WA to home, which I haven't planned yet - most likley coast higway (US 1). Due to time constraints I will have a lot of slab time in route to CCR except some secondary roads in UT, Chief Joesph and Beartooth Highways.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
323 Posts
I plan on heading up on Sunday the 26th hit about half way, get a room, do some work from the room Monday morning then go the rest of the way up to Duluth on Monday Afternoon/Evening hitting some of the River road along the way. I'm taking the long way back around north shore of Superior for the return leg, expecting to stop at Marthon, ON, and Manistee, MI...

Trip Up....
Trip Up Larger Map

Trip Back....
Trip back larger map
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
To Palarimer, can I suggest a slight adjustment in your route thru Northern LP of Michigan? In Traverse City where your maps shows turning south on M37/US31, I suggest going about 2 miles further west on M72, then follow M72 all the way to M22. Turn south on M22 thru some of the most scenic riding Lower MI has to offer. M22 comes back to US31 just north of Manistee, which is checkpoint C on your map. Another variation from Traverse City would be to follow M22 north around the Lelenau Peninsula. Beautiful drive all the way around M22 down to Manistee. Lots to see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Munmi said:
To Palarimer, can I suggest a slight adjustment in your route thru Northern LP of Michigan? In Traverse City where your maps shows turning south on M37/US31, I suggest going about 2 miles further west on M72, then follow M72 all the way to M22. Turn south on M22 thru some of the most scenic riding Lower MI has to offer. M22 comes back to US31 just north of Manistee, which is checkpoint C on your map. Another variation from Traverse City would be to follow M22 north around the Lelenau Peninsula. Beautiful drive all the way around M22 down to Manistee. Lots to see.



+1 on this!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Since my journey isn't that great, I'm trying to make the most out of the twisties available:



It would be nice if I could get on 13 out of Superior, WI and ride the coast, but that's already my longest leg based on time.

Have fun,
Jer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,603 Posts
jers99lt said:
Since my journey isn't that great, I'm trying to make the most out of the twisties available:

It would be nice if I could get on 13 out of Superior, WI and ride the coast, but that's already my longest leg based on time.

Have fun,
Jer
You could always ride the East Shore line of Lake Michigan then the UP of Michigan.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
katnapinn said:
You could always ride the East Shore line of Lake Michigan then the UP of Michigan.
I most certainly could, but this year I'm taking in as much of the "Driftless" area of WI that I can. Some absolutely amazing twisties and scenery are to be found there. Last year I did the Lake Michigan loop. :D

My loop above will be clockwise, and outside of Duluth it was previously mentioned in the "where to ride in the Duluth area" thread that 13 from Superior, WI was great riding. I looked into it and couldn't agree more. Wish I could squeeze it in, but there's always next year!

Thanks,
Jer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,603 Posts
jers99lt said:
I most certainly could, but this year I'm taking in as much of the "Driftless" area of WI that I can. Some absolutely amazing twisties and scenery are to be found there. Last year I did the Lake Michigan loop. :D

My loop above will be clockwise, and outside of Duluth it was previously mentioned in the "where to ride in the Duluth area" thread that 13 from Superior, WI was great riding. I looked into it and couldn't agree more. Wish I could squeeze it in, but there's always next year!

Thanks,
Jer
I'm doing "13" to Bayfield & "2" back to Duluth after we get to CCR. Maybe Thursday or Friday. Your welcome to tag along if you want.
512-592-8483
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
katnapinn said:
I'm doing "13" to Bayfield & "2" back to Duluth after we get to CCR. Maybe Thursday or Friday. Your welcome to tag along if you want.
512-592-8483
Sounds like a great plan. I'm pretty much there to ride the area during the day. I'd like to get in the loop to Ely one of the days. Thanks for the invite.
Here's my northern route from the Lake Michigan loop last summer:

You can see my tracks, in grey, for the way I took in and out of the route under Lake Superior. I understand that you're hitting the new road (H-58) from Grand Marais to Munising. It's the tracks shown between the blue route lines, as it wasn't supposed to be a road yet on my maps. :D I also got in the "Tunnel of Trees" (M-119) North of Petoskey.

Have fun,
Jer
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top