BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought this new 2011 in February and picked it up two weeks ago. Have about 400 miles on it and it has been great. The weather is turning more "seasonal" up here, so I'm lucky to have had a couple weeks to ride. I have been on ADVRider, but my RT riding buddy pointed me over here and it looks like another good forum to check out each day.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Here is my Steed of Choice, 07 R1200GSA, still has adjustable valves without shims, easy to maintain, in, let's say a Hotel parking lot...grin. And a case I can lock and not worry about stuff waliking away. BTW, the seat is now covered with Polar mesh from Kontour seats, much more durable then the beadrider.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here is my old 1985 R80GS, the original. With Paris-Dakar winner Gaston Rahier on an R80 GS in 1984 and 1985, BMW made this special model with his signature 34 litre fuel tank on the market. I bought it 2nd hand in 1988 and sold it to a friend in town in 2008. Did some trips to Central Turkey and Italy with it and never had a problem. It still runs great.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oups, wrong picture.
This one should do better...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
First day, at home. This is the replacement for my 07 that the little ol'lady in Poteau, OK killed on my way to MOA.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
katnapinn said:
:worthless

Had to take some low-res pics :) and everyone here has seen a stock red GSA, will put up a good pic after she gets dirty! and a few farkles added :bmw:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Our new '13 R1200GS/W

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hammam said:
My brand new 2013 GS LC. Only ridden it 30 kms so far, but loving it every km of the way.
Very cool, and Moto Inter is great too. Congrats, now get some miles in her.
Maugz

·
Registered
593 Posts
while in Silverton CO last week we ran across this. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
jpalamaro said:
Great start and wow, you guys in the West have it great. Great roads, great pictures, great bikes and weather! I jokingly took my Adventure off road the other day...I crossed my front lawn. And while meant to be humorous I can't seem to do much better. But then again, maybe I'm lucky with my off-road riding skills!
really a great post of appreciation about roads,bikes and pictures or weathers .off roads adventures can be risky .you are lucky with your off road riding skills

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here is Day 1 of GSA ownership. Hopefully many fun rides to come.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everybody

yesterday I went to the dealer shop in Frejus (French riviera) and make a little test on the new GSA. Coming from my Whale 12LT is always difficult because I have to comprehend a bike that's lighter than mine.
After 20 miles I'm not excited : it seems I'm on a roadster and not a trail bike. I had some difficulties to put my feet (13.5) on the footstools and had the feeling of short size ones!! Handlebar seems to be too much forward or rather lower. Brake is top and engine very rewarding between 3000 and 6000 rpm. Under 2000 the torque is very missing, over 6000 unuseless especially on our roads. It would be better to have more torque at lower rpm.
So I think I'm going to keep my LT for some time more!

Reactions: Berardi3

·
Registered
285 Posts
I may be selling my R1150GS soon, so I cleaned it all up and took some photos, you know for the ad. and then I laid out all my extra stuff I had collected over the past few years, WOW!
Adds up over time! And none of this stuff would fit the new bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Small contribution to this topic:

My '14 GSA LC, got it end of February and enjoyed it since then ...

Have no regrets trading in the K1600GTL.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Took the bike out on its first real offroad excursion since ownership. Handled the gravel, dirt, and water crossing with relative ease. Mud, not so much. Will make a tire switch when these wear out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
new toy to add to my "fleet"

love it to bits

161 - 180 of 191 Posts