BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hans,
I just ran across this picture of the you're GSA. The seating arrangement is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I am especially interested in the backrest for the passenger. Is that a Bakup unit? Did you have to lengthen it?
Jim

·
Registered
616 Posts
Patric said:
Here are a few pictures of my new 2010 R1200GSA Adventure . My old GS is on post #48 of this tread .
So, now that you're 15 years newer, how's it feel?

Gonna get another 15 years outta this one?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottly
So, now that you're 15 years newer, how's it feel?

Gonna get another 15 years outta this one?
Well , when I went from a '91 R100GS/PD to the '95 R1100GS it was like going from a lawnmower to a motorcycle . The change from the R1100GS to the 2010 R1200GSA Adventure was almost as much of a change .

If I get 15 years out of the Adventure that would be nice . Kind of spreads the cost out :lol8:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's my 2010 R1200GSA after doing an Iron Butt Bun Burner Gold (1500 miles under 24 hours) from Delaware to Florida. Did it in 22.5 hours. Did a return trip Saddle Sore 1000 the following day.

The Russell Day-Long seat made all the difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Randy said:
New - still virgin, two days before I left for the Arctic Circle

At the Kiskatinaw curved bridge in BC along the Old Alaska Highway

At the Montague Roadhouse in the Yukon

Now beginning like it is supposed to - along the Dempster Highway

At the Signpost Forest, Watson Lake, Yukon

Lake McDonald, Glacier National Park, Montana

Hey Randy nice set up. I'm a new member here and soon to become the proud owner of a 2011 GS. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Touratech Zega Pro panniers with the cut out on the left pannier. It looks like you've got these bags or the GSA bags from BMW, which are made by Touratech. I've heard the left pannier on these bags is so close to the exhaust that you can overheat the contents of the pannier. You obviously have a lot of miles on yours. Have you experienced this?

Thanks and safe riding.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Here an update on how my GSA looks now:

Black coated GS cast wheels with new tyres mounted yesterday. The spoke wheels have TKC80's fitted and will be used for all-road trips...

·
Registered
498 Posts
lorman said:
Hey Randy nice set up. I'm a new member here and soon to become the proud owner of a 2011 GS. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Touratech Zega Pro panniers with the cut out on the left pannier. It looks like you've got these bags or the GSA bags from BMW, which are made by Touratech. I've heard the left pannier on these bags is so close to the exhaust that you can overheat the contents of the pannier. You obviously have a lot of miles on yours. Have you experienced this?

Thanks and safe riding.
Beautiful set up!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Motorcyclist72 said:
2012 R1200 GS Adventure Triple Black
Beautiful! That was my second choice last September when I had to buy a new bike after my mishap with the '09 GSA.

141 - 160 of 191 Posts