BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on aftermarket grips. Would rather have a straight grip not the tapered BMW grips. Using grip puppies over the stock grips but it feels to fat. Please add pictures if you can and tell how hard they were to replace. Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Go with the Grip Puppies. Just too much work and a bit dicey cutting the old ones off so you can keep the heating elements. I went to Grip Puppies and it took about a week of commuting to work too get used to them. Now my hands feel more relaxed due to not gripping such a small grip.....

·
Registered
929 Posts
plus 1 on grip puppies...

·
Registered
519 Posts
+1 on the Grip puppies.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Razmataz said:
Those really are some good looking grips. Are they bigger around than the stocks? Grip puppies made my stocks much better for me, but if those are bigger around than stock....very tempting
Yes, considerably larger than stock. Main reason I got them. It was a bit of work to install them, but I still think they are the best looking alternative out there. They work really well with the stock heaters too.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
When I found what BMW wants for a replacement, went to Walmart, of all places sporting goods and got the kit to re-tape bicycle handle bars. Under $5.00.
Peeled off the rubber, wrapped on the tape and rode away happy.
If you do this, wrap in the direction it will tighten the tape when you open the throttle.
Mine doesn't look real good but works and is comfortable. Grip heat works just fine too. Next time, I'll try something different in the wrapping technique and try to get it to look a little better.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
+1 on the special K's!! :wave

But if you are simply looking to replace the OEM rubber grips... Check this:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11293.html

In short, Purchase two of the clutch side "NON HEATED" grips. Max has them for $25 each right now... R&B and be done...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts