BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that some are thinking tomorrow a wet ride is order.

Dad wasn't feeling real good yesterday so I'll know more this evening concerning my availability. But I thought that I'd go ahead and start a new post about potential riding this weekend. Is Dooger's still the target? Saturday?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Saturdays weather looks better than Sunday, I'm trying to decide if I should get my bike dirty.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dad doesn't seem to be doing to well and so do not count on me being there. If I go out at all it will be a shorter ride in the local area.

If everyone can make it please have a great time. I'll catch up with you all eventually.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Does not look like we have much interest in tomorrow. Who is in for Sunday? I should be game for a ride.
Art, I hope your dad is doing better.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Come on guys! the best weather is on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
clayton said:
Come on guys! the best weather is on Saturday.
Our Daughter-In-Law's birthday party is at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Sunday is our only chance if we don't have to wear SCUBA equipment. If you have to go for tomorrow have a great time! We'll catch ya next time...

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I talked o Clayton and Nick, It looks like the three of us are game for a Sunday ride. Waiting on the rest of you to chime in before we pick a destination. Chowder does sound good to us if you Southerners want to meet up. There is always that Mexican restaurant at hwy 7 and 12 as a backup.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
As far as I know, Only Clayton and I ventured out. We were rewarded with a great ride, decent weather. even some sunshine. Only had some occasional light rain! We did find a few roads closed by rivers running across them. We picked a series of back country roads that had little or no traffic, Gotta love not having cages and trucks around. We did not see many tax collectors out either.
Clayton, Glad you didn't take hwy 203 home. Seems its a bit flooded and some road worker was killed by a falling tree. Thanks for showing me all those great roads.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Brian and I had a great ride, I met Brian at his house in Lake Stevens, and after some quick visiting we were off with Brian in the lead, from Lake Stevens we headed over to Marysville at I-5 then across to Marine View Dr for some wonderful scenery heading north towards Stanwood. From here Brian lead us west toward Camino Island, wow what great roads around the island not to mention the great scenery. It was here at the entry way onto the island we ran out of ran and into sun-breaks, and a balmy 57 degrees. Halfway across the island Brian lead us to a great little spot for lunch, or should I say a late breakfast. Afterwords we continued the rest of the way around the island, as we neared I-5 I took the lead and headed towards Arlington, then some backroads to Granite Falls for quick potty stop and much needed junk food . Onward though some great back roads towards Monroe, did I mention we were still riding with no rain or traffic. Once in Monroe we tooled around on more twisty roads around Monroe while running into water over the roads, at this point me and Brian decided it was getting late and time to call it a day. Brian thanks for leading most of the way and showing me some areas I hadn't seen before. As for the rest of you;all we missed your company. Hope to see everyone very soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts