BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have loved every one of the 20,000 miles I've put on my '03 LTC, but yesterday I picked up my new '06 FJR1300.... It is sooo sweet. Can't really compare the two bikes as they are made to do different things, and they both do them very well. As you all know, nothing can compare to the long-distance comfort of the LT. So I've been considering selling the LT, riding the FJR for a while, and then consider getting a new LT when (and if) they come out with a new model in 07/08.

I could keep both bikes (although my garage is so full that I need to keep one of my cars outside - at least until winter comes to Minnesota and I can store the bikes.

I'm just not sure if I should sell it now when we are in mid-season and there's more demand for bikes here in MN, or just hang on to it and trade if and when the new LT's come out.

I know everyone here has an opinion, so I'd be happy to get your thoughts/perspectives...

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
You're in the same boat that I'm in. Accept I bought the new GT. I've decided to sell my LT, so I'd be a hypocrite if I told you to do anything else. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have an '05 FJR and an '00 LTC. I almost sold the LTC after I got the FJR, but I am really glad I didnt. The FJR is a great machine that does almost everthing well, but I think you will miss the LTC. Your pillion, if you have a regular one, will definitely miss it.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
MrBreeze said:
I know everyone here has an opinion, so I'd be happy to get your thoughts/perspectives... Scott
Few things would be in my mind..
  1. Can I afford to have two bikes in the stable.
  2. Would I really ride it to justify the cost of not selling it and not using the money for another toy or purpose.
  3. With a small amount of riding would I need lots of money to keep it running making the miles I get to ride worth the expense in my mind because it needs....Tires...dealer service ... insurance... etc
If I wasn't concerned about the money and I had a few Battery Tenders on the shelf and the room to store the excess... why not?

IMHO.. If I didn't care about tying up the funds I won't be worried that I was going to have to sell it out of season... so you seem concerned.. :confused: or bragging.. :D neither is bad.. I'd like an FJ in my barn... I can afford it but I won't have enough time to ride it to justify the cost... (I Think) :) But then again I try squeeze the Buffalo.. YMMV.. JM2CW

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you buy a new LT in 07, after one year just the depreciation on it alone will be worth what you will get for your used 2000 LT today. I think if I could afford the running costs that I would just keep it. That is what I am planning to do with mine. Ron

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Owning more than one bike is not the expensive part. Maintaining all of them is! And not only in parts, fluids, and tires. The time spent is a killer as well. I will hate to see my LT go...but it will be nice to be down to just one bike to ride and maintain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts