BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Ocean Blue '05 LT is beautiful. But when I look at the choices of colors available for the LT, I think of "business suits" in need of a colorful tie. All business, borderline boring. There are no "fun" colors! Whatever
happened to that beautiful red? Wasn't there an emerald green at one time? So we knock the GL as an old farts' bike....but at least it is offered in colors that are more youthful and fun!

So what do YOU think? More colors for the LT? Or do you think that blue, grey and black suffice?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
I agree that we need more, bright colors. The Canyon Red is still my favorite stock color. I think that BMW doesn't want to copy Honda and offer bright colors. As a result, I had to roll my own...
 

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
Yep, colors like Urine Metallic and Diaper Brown didn't sell very well. ;)

Neither did the Metrosexual Mauve or the Toilet Water Green.

Champagne, Silver, Black, Canyon Red, Basalt Gray, and even the Pacific Blue sold well.

It's too early to see about the new Gray and Ocean Blue, but I expect the Ocean Blue to be popular, given the alternatives. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
I also agree the whole BMW line needs a color facelift. That was one big consideration when I was comparing the LT to the Goldwing. I think they may have the Ferrari concept in mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,905 Posts
Dumme Amerikaner!

Vow Vee! You stoooopeed Amareekans jest dont GEET EET, do you?!?! Ve gafe you KROME! Now SHUT UP!!! Vat's next?! You vant a V-Tweeen in das LT?!?!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
399 Posts
LT Colors

I have to agree, the LT needs to be offerend in more brilliant and vivid colors. I myself would like to see one in an old favorite, Candy Apple Red. I saw a nice red RT at CCR, why can't that be put on an LT. I may be old, but I'm not dead yet, so give me some bright colors. I want people to 'see' me on the road and a bright color would help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
eljeffe said:
Yep, colors like Urine Metallic and Diaper Brown didn't sell very well. ;)

Neither did the Metrosexual Mauve or the Toilet Water Green.

Champagne, Silver, Black, Canyon Red, Basalt Gray, and even the Pacific Blue sold well.

It's too early to see about the new Gray and Ocean Blue, but I expect the Ocean Blue to be popular, given the alternatives. ;)
Yeah but owning one'o the first four colors you mentioned makes one unique, stands out ina crowd, individuality. Not an also ran, one of the bunch like all the other colors mentioned. :p :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
flyby said:
I think my Ocean Blue '05 LT is beautiful. But when I look at the choices of colors available for the LT, I think of "business suits" in need of a colorful tie. All business, borderline boring. There are no "fun" colors! Whatever
happened to that beautiful red? Wasn't there an emerald green at one time? So we knock the GL as an old farts' bike....but at least it is offered in colors that are more youthful and fun!

So what do YOU think? More colors for the LT? Or do you think that blue, grey and black suffice?

No, BMW knows best, they are german and know all for us

but I sure would like to see cruise on the GS <g>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
flyby said:
. . So we knock the GL as an old farts' bike....but at least it is offered in colors that are more youthful and fun!
. .
Ill assume you have not seen the colors Honda offers for 06!! The only bright color is white and it is plain uuuugly white. other than that black, dark red, dark gray, and Timex cheap gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
Interesting thoughts, but since they don't sell that many here in the US as it is, why would they spend the money to do lots of colors that might not sell. Of course, only I would think that Canyon Red is the best and fastest color, but I am considering pulling all the tupperware and going for a custom metallic red (i.e. bright red) paint job. Then maybe some pin striping to set it off. "Oh Connie, where's the checkbook?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I agree that BMW Lt needs more colors. I have noticed that the R1150RT & R1200RT have very nice colors. Why can't BMW just use some of that paint on the LT's

The R has come in a beautiful green that would look great on the LT. Also the Dark blue on the R1150RT was great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
LT Needs more colors

Actually, there are some really good custom paint shops around. If you want a "unique" color or paint job, then help these guys to earn a living. :)

For my trike, I'm considering something from "Buddy's" near Colorado Springs. I have all the liberty I want in coming up with an overall design, stripes, flames, etc.:D

Actually, I like my 05's Ocean Blue, but my wife likes Cobalt Blue. If that had been a choice, I'd be riding it right now.

Seriously, other color choices would be nice.

I wish they'd let you "match" the color. I'd have loved to have mine match my 4Runner's blue.:rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Bigger pics pleeze !

Triker said:
For my trike, I'm considering something from "Buddy's" near Colorado Springs. I have all the liberty I want in coming up with an overall design, stripes, flames, etc.:D :
Hey Hal, you can't just paste an avatar that looks like a work of art (that trike) that you must have built with your own two hands, made from what looks like one of our beloved LTs - Let's get some BIGGER PICS and all be allowed to drool!!! Wow!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
May not be the same color, but you can see who is trike is manufactured by here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
SHould BMW offer the LT in more colors?

birdman said:
Hey Hal, you can't just paste an avatar that looks like a work of art (that trike) that you must have built with your own two hands, made from what looks like one of our beloved LTs - Let's get some BIGGER PICS and all be allowed to drool!!! Wow!!! :D
If I had the tools, space and time, I would love to have built it with my own two hands. But, since I didn't, Monty Loftus of NE CO Exchange built it for me. He is the only licensed dealer for Hannigan in CO.

I've put some pics up before, but here's a couple more.
:)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
eljeffe said:
Yep, colors like Urine Metallic and Diaper Brown didn't sell very well. ;)

Neither did the Metrosexual Mauve or the Toilet Water Green.

Champagne, Silver, Black, Canyon Red, Basalt Gray, and even the Pacific Blue sold well.

It's too early to see about the new Gray and Ocean Blue, but I expect the Ocean Blue to be popular, given the alternatives. ;)
What about Chartreuse Jeff? Would you go for that? ;)

Sorry dude - just picking on you...

Being color blind has some advantages...
 

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
gulfxray said:
What about Chartreuse Jeff? Would you go for that? ;)

Sorry dude - just picking on you...

Being color blind has some advantages...
Can you point me in a direction with a normal color. What color is Chartreuse like?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
eljeffe said:
Can you point me in a direction with a normal color. What color is Chartreuse like?
Well, to me it looks yellow-green - but I'm color blind.

Looking at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_(color) it doesn't look that appealing - even to me.

I just thought it sounded cool.

Never-the-less, we all know Black is fastest... ;-)
 

·
Bouncer
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
Ewwww. That makes toilet green look good. LOL!

No candy apple red? How about lemon yellow? british racing green? midnight blue metallic?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top