BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I though I would post a picture here so Steve could see how the Black Nightmare is coming along. Getting her ready for her next engine on Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now where's that weep hole go again? ;)

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
jzeiler said:
I though I would post a picture here so Steve could see how the Black Nightmare is coming along. Getting here ready for her next engine on Friday.
Is this the bike that trashed a piston recently?

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
That's impressive, and scary, and a few other things. I'd hate to see my bike in that condition, but of course the outcome will be great!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaveDragon said:
"Black Nightmare"Thats cold...

Check out Steve's signature line... Man there is a bunch of farkle wiring in this baby!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Now, she is really naked!:eek2:

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
hschisler said:
That's impressive, and scary, and a few other things. I'd hate to see my bike in that condition, but of course the outcome will be great!
As my grandfather used to say, "It is always darkest before the dawn!"

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Thanks for sharing John! I probably wont sleep for a week after looking at those pictures! Shudder.......

BTW My glass is always half full. Now sure is a good time to replace the air and fuel filters!!!!!!!

Loren

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
In my limited experience, I'd have to say that now's a good time to get that fuel cell waxed. You really can't imagine the piece of mind it gives.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
jzeiler said:
I though I would post a picture here so Steve could see how the Black Nightmare is coming along. Getting her ready for her next engine on Friday.
I tried to pull the pictures up but kept getting this error....

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
shoswell said:
I tried to pull the pictures up but kept getting this error....
Hmmmm - "I'm walkin' this way; you're walkin' thataway! Where the heck we 'posed to be goin' with this thing"? :confused:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hschisler said:
It was really not that bad Howard. When I did my clutch job last year I realised I was only three wires and two bolts away from dropping the engine out anyway.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
fpmlt said:
In my limited experience, I'd have to say that now's a good time to get that fuel cell waxed. You really can't imagine the piece of mind it gives.
Now that's funny! See what a blessing this is turning out to be?

I hope to stay un-blessed myself!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Okay, what do you think the total weight was? Just asking cause I'm thinking about leaving the truck at the Huntsville Airport and driving something more efficient to go get the new motor and wondering if I'd be able to swap it between the two vehicles without any assistance? :confused:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Dick said:
Hmmmm - "I'm walkin' this way; you're walkin' thataway! Where the heck we 'posed to be goin' with this thing"? :confused:
California finest at work!! :D

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Only 'til she's up and running Dave. When we pulled the head and found the piston, that's when the nightmare began. :eek: Hopefully over by the weekend. :dance:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve_R said:
Okay, what do you think the total weight was? Just asking cause I'm thinking about leaving the truck at the Huntsville Airport and driving something more efficient to go get the new motor and wondering if I'd be able to swap it between the two vehicles without any assistance? :confused:
Just tilted it up on an old bathroom scale - looks to be about 140- 150. I would not be able to lift it from a trunk by myself.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Dragon Fly lives again with a Red Rover beating heart. Steve arrived last night with the Red Rover's old engine about 8:50 pm from Dallas. This afternoon right after dinner he took her out for a semi nude test spin around the neighborhood. A balance has returned to the Force.

See Howard, it wasn't that bad.

From this ....

To this in less than 12 hours.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts