BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I wonder if different years have different length of the side stand.
My 03 seems fine. My friend has a different year and says his is too long. We both tried to park on the right side of a road, mine was ok, but his wouldn't lean enough. So if that is true, I wonder if they are interchangeable and you could just get one from a different year? I'll bet the geniuses on this board has this already figured out.

hey just found another thread about this...
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336
there is your answer swap with someone. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Take a look at this

I found this illustration somewhere, might even be from this board. Don't remember. HTH

(Oops, 197k file size. Sorry dial up guys.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
KevinValenta said:
like to modify or replace my LT sidestand to correct bike's precarious angle when on it - any suggestions??
Lemme guess and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
You just got your first BMW.
Your previous bike was a Harley.

How am I doing so far?

Now for my opinion (worth all of what its costing you) :)
Harley makes a much better sidestand and that's mostly because that's what the bike is designed for.
The BMW side stand works, (well actually), but like many of the other idiosyncracies these bikes have you may need some time to become accustomed to them. (try thinking in German) :) :) :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
precarious angle

KevinValenta said:
like to modify or replace my LT sidestand to correct bike's precarious angle when on it - any suggestions??
If you mean the bike is too upright, while on the side stand, you can affect that by adjusting the rear shock setting. Turn the adjustment knob to stiffen the rear shock or to hard I believe it says. This will actually raise the rear end, thus make the bike lean over more on the side stand, turn it to soft and the opposite is true.

DCH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts