BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that makes a short slip on Can for the RT? Has anyone made their own?

It seems like it would be nice to be able to admire the beauty of the single sided swingarm without having a huge stock can blocking the whole darn thing.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
People have opened up the stock can, removed the cat element, shortened and rewelded. Works on the stainless units, chrome probably not unless you get it replated. Play with one from Ebay, they are very expensive. One of the endearing qualities of a RT is the exhaust sound, minimal. If you want more Remus is available. Totally illegal in California. Many districts are enforcing the stock only rules.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 R1250RT, and just fitted, (same as I did on my previous 2 x FJR's and a Honda 1100 Pan European), a Beowulf exhaust. A super note, especially on a twin which normally I find a bit buzzy.
It's a superbly made unit, at an excellent price; and my previous sets of pipes all had a lifetime guarantee (I don't know if this one has, but there again I never need to call on it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts