BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can buy/download soft copy (pdf) or CD of Shop Manual for 08 LT at a discounted price?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
You can't get a PDF because it is an interactive manual. i.e. there is a module for pulling off a part of tupperware. For each task that requires that to be removed it gets pulled from the library and is loaded on the screen for that task. No way to "print" it out.

As far as discounted copies - Chicago BMW still give a 20%.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine is letting me borrow his manual. The CD cover says "BMW Motorrad RepROM K 1200 LT". Yes it works just like how you said. The trouble I am having is to find the Maintanence Procedures. The Maintanence Schedule is there but not the Maintanence Procedures.

jzeiler said:
You can't get a PDF because it is an interactive manual. i.e. there is a module for pulling off a part of tupperware. For each task that requires that to be removed it gets pulled from the library and is loaded on the screen for that task. No way to "print" it out.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Matt, no joy in the Clymers? I have the Clymers, the BMW official manual on CD and the Paul Sayegh videos. I use the Clymers a lot! The manual is about $50. I took all the pages out of the manual, 3 hole punched the pages and put them in a 3 ring binder. If I am going to get the pages dirty I pull the ones I need out of the 3 ring binder, copy them, goober them up and throw them away when I'm done.

Loren

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
so what is the difference between the "shop manual" and the BMW_K1200LT_repair_manual.pdf that I have?

The front page says it is the repair manual.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
pauleknight said:
so what is the difference between the "shop manual" and the BMW_K1200LT_repair_manual.pdf that I have?

The front page says it is the repair manual.
No difference. They went to an Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) on CD for the 2004 model year and beyond. It has most of the same info as the PDF with updates for the 05 + specific stuff. But it also left out some things that are in the early manual like replacing the swingarm inserts in the frame.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May I missing something? Where are the maintanence stuff like changing engine oil, transmission oil etc. I only see stuff like drawings and repairs!

jzeiler said:
No difference. They went to an Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) on CD for the 2004 model year and beyond. It has most of the same info as the PDF with updates for the 05 + specific stuff. But it also left out some things that are in the early manual like replacing the swingarm inserts in the frame.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
OK lets walk through it.

In the big window select "11 Engine". Then click on the button "Repair Manual". A new window opens and under "engine" you will see "Engine-oil change , with filter". Click on that and then "OK". Then you will see the process to change the oil and filter.

My new GS manual works a bit differently than my LT manual but they are similar so I am not sure if the newer LT manual has changed (mine was dated 3/2004).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Found it :).

jzeiler said:
OK lets walk through it.

In the big window select "11 Engine". Then click on the button "Repair Manual". A new window opens and under "engine" you will see "Engine-oil change , with filter". Click on that and then "OK". Then you will see the process to change the oil and filter.

My new GS manual works a bit differently than my LT manual but they are similar so I am not sure if the newer LT manual has changed (mine was dated 3/2004).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am able to print :) Click the printer icon at top right corner.

jzeiler said:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
MattKas said:
I am able to print :) Click the printer icon at top right corner.

What I meant was no way to print out the entire manual so you have a paper copy.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
John, Matt, not sure why I didn't think of this earlier. I own a facrtory CD, an original not a pirated copy. I purchased an item a year ago from the classifieds on this forum. For a very nominal fee I also bought a printed copy of the factory CD. Including the manual for the linked braking system. I have no idea how the guy printed the manual.

Matt, PM me.

Loren

jzeiler said:
What I meant was no way to print out the entire manual so you have a paper copy.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,934 Posts
wa1200lt said:
John, Matt, not sure why I didn't think of this earlier. I own a facrtory CD, an original not a pirated copy. I purchased an item a year ago from the classifieds on this forum. For a very nominal fee I also bought a printed copy of the factory CD. Including the manual for the linked braking system. I have no idea how the guy printed the manual.

Matt, PM me.

Loren

Thanks Loren. I have the early (pre 05) factory CD as well and it is a PDF manual. It is just the later ones that are the IETM version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts