1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived today.
I took it out for a 15 spin on a naked.
I like! Tons of air.
Coming from a less refined modular ,the difference is night and day.
Any questions ?

2009 K1200LT
2017 XSR900

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think that the air block around the chin helps with noise and airflow?
It helps with noise ,but blocks out ventilation while at a stop.
The lack of ventilation while stopped was a little weird and I had to open my visor for the first few times till I acclimated to it.

I removed it, but the noise increase while running made me put it back.

It's a very well enclosed space inside the helmet. I had convince myself that the helmet was not actively trying to suffocate me at stop lights and such.
It feels like a sensory deprivation tank at first that's how well it fits.

2009 K1200LT
2017 XSR900

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just arrived today.
I took it out for a 15 spin on a naked.
I like! Tons of air.
Coming from a less refined modular ,the difference is night and day.
Any questions ?

2009 K1200LT
2017 XSR900
HOW much air noise at speed vs your old modulr - what kinds was you old one- still looking for something that doesn't make so much noise that i have to wear ear plugs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOW much air noise at speed vs your old modulr - what kinds was you old one- still looking for something that doesn't make so much noise that i have to wear ear plugs
I had a TORC TB27 .
The NEOTEC wind noise is about 30 % less.
The helemet is now fully broken in and all the pads have adjusted to my head contours , there is no change in noise levels .
There is a slight increase when the top vent is in the fully open position,but it's minimal. I am still very happy with fit and noise levels.

2009 K1200LT
2017 XSR900

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
This Shoei release is very timely for me! My Neotec has reached its 5th anniversary, and I had been thinking about replacing it, even though it is still in prime condition, in term of appearance. A new version of Neotec was what I was hoping for, and here it is.......well, not yet in the US, but should be here soon. Unfortunately, this is likely to cost me more than a grand, considering that I wanted to update my SENA SMH10 as well, and therefore will get the SENA SRL that is customized just for this helmet. This time, I am going for the more expensive fancy paint works helmet.......I might change my mind when the time comes to actually buy the thing! :)

Reactions: jhoward2

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
I ordered my new Neotec On Wednesday, when it came in stock at RevZilla. I bought the Excursion version, and love the paintwork! RevZilla didn't have the SRL in stock yet, and so I took a look on eBay, and ended up ordering one for a total delivered price of $247, which is more than $50 less than if I had bought it from Revzilla! Both the helmet and the SRL arrived on Friday, but I have yet to put them to use. The weather isn't so nice over here right now, and so I probably won't get to try them out until mid-week.

BTW, there are several SRL still available on eBay. Don't see one from the same seller that I had bought mine, but the cheapest one that I just saw was this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SENA-SRL-FOR-SHOEI-NEOTEC-ll-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Communication-System/263590276460?hash=item3d5f346d6c:g:DxQAAOSwXj5aw~br&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
233 Posts
This Shoei release is very timely for me! My Neotec has reached its 5th anniversary, and I had been thinking about replacing it, even though it is still in prime condition, in term of appearance. A new version of Neotec was what I was hoping for, and here it is.......well, not yet in the US, but should be here soon. Unfortunately, this is likely to cost me more than a grand, considering that I wanted to update my SENA SMH10 as well, and therefore will get the SENA SRL that is customized just for this helmet. This time, I am going for the more expensive fancy paint works helmet.......I might change my mind when the time comes to actually buy the thing! :)
I want both the NeoTec 2 & Sena SRL. Gonna cost $999!:surprise:
I'll go with Matte Black, again. Easy touch-up w/a Sharpie.

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
Look for the SRL on eBay. It will be cheaper than MSRP! I paid around $245 (delivered) vs. $299 on RevZilla, and Revzilla still doesn't have any in stock, unless you had pre-ordered. I got the SRL 2 days after I had placed the order on eBay.

In any case - I went for a 200 miles ride with the Neotec 2 with the SRL installed, this past Sunday. The helmet fits just like the original Neotec, and not quite as tight (for me) around the cheek, which was perfect. I had to get the thinner cheekpads for my original Neotec, and I won't have to do this with this one. The Neotec 2 seems to be a little quieter than the original Neotec, but it is very hard for me to tell, because I have an excellent screen on my RT that cuts out most, or all of the wind buffeting on my helmet. The Neotec 2 does have better ventilation up top, as compared to the original, and I thought that the original was excellent.

The SRL integrated into the helmet very easily. The speakers just snap into their respective pockets, with no allowable adjustment to their positions, which was good, as far as I am concerned. The biggest issues that people have with bluetooth communicators is being able to get the speakers into the "right" positions to line up exactly with their ears. The lack of which will result in perceived loss of audio volume and audio fidelity! The SRL was fine in both counts. The only issue that I had, and still having, is getting "trained" to be able to feel for the buttons of the controls, even without gloves on! :) I am sure that will come along with future usage.

Overall, I am very happy with my choice!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Tried one on yesterday at Cycle Gear and looks/fits just fine. Not sure if I want to give up my C3 but will need replacing really soon as it is getting close to 5 years of age

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I got an out the door quote for the Neotec 2 & Sena SLR for $875.11 from a local source, but I want to look at the C4 one more time before retiring my current Neotec with the Scala G9 PowerSet.

I like the updated features of the 2 and the more simplified controls on the SLR compared to my 6-year old gear, and have heard nothing but good things about the 2/SLR combo.

Several negative things have been said about the C4/communicator (high price, not as quiet as the C3, and issues with the speakers). I can live with the higher price for a premium quality helmet, but the other two issues are probably deal breakers - plus the Neotec is a better looking helmet in my opinion. :bmw:

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Can someone speak to Neotec 2 compared to RF-1200 (I know it's a FF helmet as it's what I am currently using) for noise? I wouldn't mind moving to a modular I think if I can keep the weight down and if noise level was comparable to RF-1200.

Also, beyond the fact the SENA set made to go into Neotec 2 what is it's practical advantages for example over the SENA 10R I have had in my RF-1200? I have the speakers set to be super close to my ear w/o touching, so volume is very good, and that thru 29dB NRR plugs fully inserted.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up Neotec 2 with SLR. It’s frigid so no comment on actual riding just yet. I was a large in neotec and medium in neotec 2. I am biased due to functionality of a modular so frankly no RF 1200 experience.

As for SLR, I have the Sena 10R on my Nolan and feel the SLR has better audio output, just a lot louder and more features. The buttons seem easier to press but my concern about their close proximity remains (performance with gloves on). I like the FM radio feature.

The way the helmet is designed, I think ergonomically you should commit to SLR as your Bluetooth unit or choose a different helmet as anything else will lead to frustration. You will pay another $75 or so for that privilege. I can’t wait to do some real world testing but CHICAGO winter isn’t cooperating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 1200LT
337 Posts
I have a 3 year old neotec modular and it is pretty quiet, I can also vouch for the above poster who said it was a little louder when the top vent is open, I actually had a fairly pronounced howl if I got the helmet just slightly up in the windstream. I wouldn't say it was super quiet but fit better than the Shark I had before. Interestingly, the padding that came with that year really marked up my head after wearing it, looked like I got banged on the head with a waffle iron, lol. I hope the new padding is more solid and doesn't give out lines on the head.

I also have a 10c and I ordered an earbud adapter for it and I plug in my Bose QC20 NC earbuds to it. I got some Small earbud inserts and I use a kind of elastic ski band that covers my ears before the helmet goes on and oh my goodness it is quiet in there. I can flip the active to off and it mostly comes back if I need it to such as in town but on the road there is just an 80% drop and as long as I don't open the visor it is really quiet. Opening the visor causes some acoustic pops which I haven't completely figured out but other than that now and then I like.

Schuberth versus Neotec2, anyone have first hand analytics?

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
Just picked up Neotec 2 with SLR. It’s frigid so no comment on actual riding just yet. I was a large in neotec and medium in neotec 2. I am biased due to functionality of a modular so frankly no RF 1200 experience.

As for SLR, I have the Sena 10R on my Nolan and feel the SLR has better audio output, just a lot louder and more features. The buttons seem easier to press but my concern about their close proximity remains (performance with gloves on). I like the FM radio feature.

The way the helmet is designed, I think ergonomically you should commit to SLR as your Bluetooth unit or choose a different helmet as anything else will lead to frustration. You will pay another $75 or so for that privilege. I can’t wait to do some real world testing but CHICAGO winter isn’t cooperating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the SLR when it first came out, and Revzilla didn't have it in stock yet, at the time. So, I took a look on eBay, and ended up saving a good amount of money and getting the product right away! So, if anybody is looking to buy one, you should shop on eBay first! I had the SMH10 on my original Neotec, and as you said, the SLR is very much better. No hassle with lining the speakers up to your ears, because they just snap into their pockets inside the helmet for perfect alignment. Better speakers than even the after-market Tork-XPro that I was using with the SHM10. Sound quality is very good, and the volume will go up quite high, as you said. I do wear a good pair of earplugs while riding.

You have to get used to the buttons with gloves on! I still have a hard time feeling for the right buttons, even after having used it for a full riding season now! That is the only negative that I have for it.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
The wife and I both got Neotech II at the local dealer for a very good price recently. We moved our wired system to the helmets as we have the Autocom SuperPro AVI (2006) that is still going strong in the LT and we like how it works. It was very easy to install the stock (popped the elements out of the oblong holder) Autocom speakers into the place holders for the SRL system and use those to hold them in place. Did not want to mess with charging a helmet or messing with Bluetooth. I have my phone and my music integrated along with GPS, GMRS and CB that she does not have to listen to. We both really love the quiet the helmet provides and it is very well made.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Happy to read about the positive reviews; fixing to pull the trigger on the NII and the SRL

My C3 needs replacing.

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
On the Neotec 2 - I just want to say that the fit for me, as compared to the original Neotec, was that the 2 fits a little tight, and it had ended up with me getting a painful pressure point on top of one side of my head which was unbearable after several hours of riding. Solved that issue completely with a thinner liner. OTOH, the original Neotec fitted a little too tight around the cheek, and I had taken care of that with thinner cheekpads, BUT the fit in that area was quite fine with the 2, and so the thinner cheekpads were not needed.

Overall (once it's been customized), it is an excellent helmet, and it is a little quieter than the original Neotec.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts