BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw on the news that the shoe tree in Middlegate, NV was cut down by vandals.It was a bonus location for a contest that John Flowers and Tom Lashbrook ran a couple of years ago for my club, the River City Beemers, and I've always looked forward to seeing it every time I rode US 50 in Nevada since. It was impressive, not only in the amount of shoes in it, but for the fact it really was in the middle of no where. I'll never undestand why some people get satisfaction out of ruining some one else's enjoyment. Probably impossible to replace, too. :mad:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hard to believe that stuff. Some ayholes personal "claim to fame" will be that he cut down the shoe tee.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Damn! That Sucks. I believe Karma will handle the a..holes who did this though. That area - Middlegate NV is a Meeca for bikers and that tree has a history with the Middlegate Bikers.

I'm sure a new Shoe Tree will spring up in that area soon.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
For the same reason we have to have laws, rules and regulations. It's for the 1% who are ass holes and disrupt life for the majority.....

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Wow that's too bad. They must have had some experience with tree cutting. It was a HUGE tree...

Pic from HDDC Ride to Breckenridge in 2004 -

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
RIP

Such a pity.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
DanDiver said:
It's for the 1% who are ass holes and disrupt life for the majority.....
hmmmn ......... are you sure you don't mean ...... the 4%? :)

runnin and ducking.........!

·
Registered
393 Posts
...More from the HDDC ride to Breck in 2004... Many will miss ya, tree!

(sorry- dunno how to paste the pics in the text body)

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
gr8fulfred said:
I just saw on the news that the shoe tree in Middlegate, NV was cut down by vandals.It was a bonus location for a contest that John Flowers and Tom Lashbrook ran a couple of years ago for my club, the River City Beemers, and I've always looked forward to seeing it every time I rode US 50 in Nevada since. It was impressive, not only in the amount of shoes in it, but for the fact it really was in the middle of no where. I'll never undestand why some people get satisfaction out of ruining some one else's enjoyment. Probably impossible to replace, too. :mad:
I don't get why people throw shoes into a tree in the first place....seems kinda dumb.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I guess if you don't get it then no amount of explaining will make it clear for you.

BTW I don't get it either! Neat looking tree though.......

Loren

kk610lt said:
I don't get why people throw shoes into a tree in the first place....seems kinda dumb.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
"I guess if you don't get it then no amount of explaining will make it clear for you."

Yeah, I guess it's like: "Why the F%^* would any one ride a purple motorcycle"?

Some things just aren't meant to be understood. :wave

Hi Loren! How ya doin?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Hey Frank! Once again I feel the need to point out that purple IS THE color of Bavarian Royalty!

Doin' great. Didn't ride the Royal Scooter to work last night and after doing a little slip-siding in my wifes' Grand Am this morning I'm glad I didn't!

Take care down there!

Loren

fpmlt said:
"I guess if you don't get it then no amount of explaining will make it clear for you."

Yeah, I guess it's like: "Why the F%^* would any one ride a purple motorcycle"?

Some things just aren't meant to be understood. :wave

Hi Loren! How ya doin?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts