BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other shocks available for the LT? I know stock, Ohlins, Wilbers, but is there another choice? Has anyone used them? I Ride two up about 80% of riding. I am about to do 24K service and wanting to include shocks. I am just not sure what brand I want to use and what are the advantages/ disadvantages. I dont plan on using stock, for several reasons. I also am considering a spare set for use while main set gets rebuild? Just a thought.
Talk to me, please!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Works Performance for the front they are equal quality to ohlins at half the price. Works Performance for the rear are not acceptable to me. Because Works requires the stock hydraulic preload system to be transferred to the rear shock. I use Works Front Ohlins rear.

Pete

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
best shocks going 'works'

I bought a 2003 with 6000 miles and bottomed out on all the back roads and rode like mush on the big roads.
Now I'm not a little guy buy any means.I ride 2 up 80%of the time so I went with a new works rear shock which they built to my weight and hight needs.It comes with completely adjustable ride height, compression,and rebound rate. after careful setup i now click the compression adj.one notch to match the days ride.My wife and I just returned from a 19 state tour where we scaled out at 1486 lbs
So if your average go wilbers or olins But if it's gotta work go Works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts