BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I shift from first to second the indicator says it is in second gear but is in neutral. Doesn't do it all the time but enough to be aggravating. Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the indicator switch is on the rear of the tranny, might not be able to reach it.. though after my clutch pull mine was out of sync, I turned it a little till it was correct (but I had no rear end in at the time) so was easy. but first, take all the ball sockets off the gear linkage , clean re-grease and reassemble I think that will help more.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,245 Posts
If you want to try and tweak the shift indicator here is where it is. #9 and then a real photo of it behind the clutch slave line with the swing arm removed for clarity.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, I think my problem is the shifter arm is positioned to far up decreasing the travel as the shifter arm hits the lower piece of tuper ware before it can travel far enough to engage.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,245 Posts
Have a look here for some info on the linkage. One can adjust the outer rod by loosening the jam nuts and screwing the ends closer together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts