·
Registered
157 Posts
Sheep Skin

Very good, use it every day

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I use the sheep skin in the winter. It keeps the heater from roasting "the boys" and does add comfort.
I use the bead seat in the summer. Does the same as the above plus helps to keep them dry in a rain. Butt feels pretty good!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Got mine from Alaska Leather.

Sheepskin rocks!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I use a combination gel,memory foam,sheepskin from American Motorcycle Specialties...................
All year long and love it......

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thumbs up on Alaska Leather

I've always thought that sheepskin looked kind of tacky, but after reading a great review of Alaska Leather sheepskin butt pads, I thought I'd give it a try. I figured that it costs a whole lot less than buying an aftermarket seat. I've had mine for a couple of weeks, now and I think it is terrific. It even looks nicer than I thought it would. Don't skimp, go for the deluxe model. Also, they offer a terrific tire guage, well worth the money.

Roy

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I bought a $20 piece of quality sheepskin off of eBay and made my own cover for the front seat of my LT. I absolutely LOVED IT!!! The only time I didn't use it was when it was either too hot (80° +) or raining. Otherwise, I would use it right on top of the seat . . . or I would put it OVER my BeadRiders. I liked it either way.

·
Registered
182 Posts
maybe i will make me one from the saddle shearling i use and try it.....the horses like it. ;)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
For you Do-It-Yourself'ers...

Here's a few pics of how I did mine.
First, I made a pattern using newspaper, then I cut out the sheepskin and applied the Velcro.

Attach Velcro on the bottom of the seat and on the cover...

On & Off in seconds...

Looks real purty...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought a $5 sheepskin carwash mitt at WalMart, split the seam, and sewed bungies onto it with fishing line. Don't use it all of the time, but only to give my butt a break from the stock seat and my Beadrider. Works great and did not cost an arm and a leg.
Ray

·
Registered
718 Posts
I bought a beaded seat cover from Bead Rider a few days ago... didn't take me too long to throw it in the trunk... didn't like it at all. I could tell it was cooler though... but it made my butt hurt. It was a complete waist of money for me.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Dean_BMW said:
I bought a beaded seat cover from Bead Rider a few days ago... didn't take me too long to throw it in the trunk... didn't like it at all. I could tell it was cooler though... but it made my butt hurt. It was a complete waist of money for me.
I loved it on my LT and Ninja, but didn't like it at all on my GT. Go figure...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alaska leather rocks! Had mine for three years and the're great for the long haul. Spend the little extra and get the deluxe, the missus luvs hers too!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I live is south west Florida and summer riding is hot to say the least..
I have a sheep skin cover from Alaska Leather and It make a huge difference in comfort during the summer months...

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
ratorino2004 said:
I live is south west Florida and summer riding is hot to say the least..
I have a sheep skin cover from Alaska Leather and It make a huge difference in comfort during the summer months...
Could you use the sheepskin in summer without roasting?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I use one all of the time too. Would not be without it. I find it comfortable in warm and cool weather.

Scott

1 - 20 of 26 Posts