BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but I didn't believe you surely my girl would never lay down on me. Standing on the left taking her off the center stand she decided to lay to the right, all I could do is make it as gentle as I could and think to my self they told me so. Fortunately I knew how to put my butt into her to get her back up before anyone saw. Now I need to find a piece of trim for the right bag, low priority I think I'll give it a chance to get more beaten up before I replace it.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
That is the main reason I sit on the bike to get it off the center stand. This way you can put a foot down on either side the big girl wants to lean toward.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would say that getting an LT off the center stand and not being on her is the quickest way to laying her down.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does the 02 have a electronic center stand? Is it possible to sit on the LT and get it off the center stand without a electronic center stand?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
palarimer said:
...but I didn't believe you surely my girl would never lay down on me. Standing on the left taking her off the center stand she decided to lay to the right, all I could do is make it as gentle as I could and think to my self they told me so. Fortunately I knew how to put my butt into her to get her back up before anyone saw. Now I need to find a piece of trim for the right bag, low priority I think I'll give it a chance to get more beaten up before I replace it.
Rather than new trim, that you will need to replace again, try these.. BMR

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
LTFan said:
Does the 02 have a electronic center stand? Is it possible to sit on the LT and get it off the center stand without a electronic center stand?
Why Yes it is easy - Just rock forward.

·
Registered
832 Posts
LTFan said:
05 and later had factory electric center stand. Electric stands only raise bike, not lower. It is very possible to get an LT off centerstand while seated. Easier if your legs can reach the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I see the guys at the dealership rock it off the center stand while standing beside her all the time, but not me.

Sit on her and rock forward. Never fell that way.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LTFan said:
02 does not have the Electronic stand I usually do take it off while sitting on it but this time my head was somewhere else, maybe contemplating my FD issue... :confused:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
katnapinn said:
That is the main reason I sit on the bike to get it off the center stand. This way you can put a foot down on either side the big girl wants to lean toward.
Yes! +1, even though the manual may say otherwise. Its the best way with the most control assuming your legs are long enough.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
johnbaker15 said:
Rather than new trim, that you will need to replace again, try these.. BMR
Thanks for the link John, I like the look those much better than the all chrome look I have now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
DanDiver said:
I see the guys at the dealership rock it off the center stand while standing beside her all the time, but not me.

Sit on her and rock forward. Never fell that way.
+1. Easy to rock forward, even on an incline. I wouldn't just stand to one side of the girl, let alone get her off the center stand on one side....seems like a recipe for a laydown....

·
Registered
14 Posts
The ONE time my big girl laid down on me was doing the same thing - getting her off the center stand while standing on the left side of the bike. She went to the right and there was not a damn thing I could do about it. (I was on a slight slight angle that I didn't notice initially).

NEVER again have I gotten her off the center stand without straddling her. I actually forgot the was the BMW recommendation as well. Looking back now, that really is not the best way to do it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
This is one of the reasons I never use the center stand. Although if the springs sag any lower I wont have to put it on either stand. Just climb off and walk away!

Loren

·
Registered
929 Posts
Loren, you might be onto something--hydraulic or air shocks. Lower when you want to park--brilliant! :rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,822 Posts
wrmoss said:
Loren, you might be onto something--hydraulic or air shocks. Lower when you want to park--brilliant! :rotf:
I wouldn't be surprised if Ari hasn't already looked into this. :)

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
When I dropped mine it was getting it off of the center stand. My problem was that I parked in a gravel parking lot and didn't get on an even surface. When I put the stand down the bike came up and was leaning left. When I rocked it off of the stand my left foot came down on the gravel, the bike was already leaning that way and my foot just slid right across the gravel and down she went.

I found out that a deployed Jpeg adds a little protection for the bike! Although it's just a one time use for protection because it bends the heck out of the Jpeg. It's also pretty costly to repair/replace.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Glad nothing got badly bent, but damn man I'm a big guy and there is not a chance I would ever take that bike off the center stand while standing on the side.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I sometimes take the bike off the center stand from the side, it's easy, the trick is to always turn the wheel to the right a little if standing on the left and the opposite if standing on the right, this makes the bike fall into you if it's thinking of falling over.

Turn right = fall to left
Turn left = fall to right

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
katnapinn said:
+1, he said, emphatically.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts