BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finished installing my latest farkle yesterday. Installed BMR Co-Pilot, Zumo 665 to replace my broken Zumo 550, lockable Touratech GPS mount, audio output is wired to the radio aux input. xm radio and my 1500 mp3s on the storage card work great through the radio until about 50 then you run out of volume(thinking about putting an Amplirider in to cure that problem, anyone know anything about them?). XM radio and nav weather function of the 665 worked great with my bluetooth Cardo Q4 headset all the way to 90. My iphone 4 was able to make and receive calls through the 665 to my Q4 without any issues. Overall very pleased with the upgrade from the Zumo 550. Plan on using a BMW roundel to cover holes on stingray from the Zumo 550 mount. First time to post pics on this forum, hope they are sized ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice job. What's the reason that your'e losing your volume after 50? Don't quite understand that one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very Nice. Can I ask where you got the BMW rack? I have taken my top luggage off and am looking for something to mount there. That piece is awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chipper - the audio output from the zumo does not appear to be enough to overcome the road noise above 50, it needs more amplification in my opinion. Listening via the bluetooth Q4 headset is ok, just listening from the bike speakers is difficult above 50.

BeeTee- A&S BMW sells the rack and grab rail

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
While not the same set up, many have had the same issue with peripherals... Not the most elegant solution but one that works is to get an in-line amp.

http://boostaroo.com/uses/earbud

It uses 2 AAAA batteries and I get long life from them. Tried to find some way to hard wire it to the bike so I could bury it under the tupperware. It can be done, just not there yet. As it stands I double side taped it up in the oddments case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts