·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So David did the LT fall over Last night.? :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Nope, all the bikes were upright this morning. It was a hell of a shaker, though. Loud rumbling followed by strong jolts and shaking, and everything in the house rattling and moving around a bit. The cats all scattered under various beds and pieces of furniture, and we hung out in a door frame for a couple of minutes. I thought we were having the next "Big One", which was kinda scary. In the end no damage at our house, just scared pets and slightly frayed nerves.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Time to move?? ;) :D

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Steve_R said:
Time to move?? ;) :D
Nah, not quite yet. We still have more days of "Terra Firma" than "Terra not so Firma". :D Plus that's the reason why we have so much good riding out here; if the ground wasn't moving up, down and sideways the roads would all be too straight!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I hadn't thought about it that way Dave. Just trying to get you a little closer. These once a year visits at CCR are real trying.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I kind of enjoyed it. In Burlingame I felt it but it but having grown up in the Bay Area I just dismissed it as yet another of many shakers. The part I enjoyed was the reaction of the people interviewed on KRON (San Francisco former NBC affiliate). You would have thought the end of the world had arrived by some of their reactions; and these people were in San Francisco.

Based on what Dave wrote the difference between what they felt in Alum Rock and what I felt just 30 miles north was pretty big.

I guess I need another magnitude before I get excited. As long as there was not damage or injuries I was happy. I am back in terra firma (Rocklin) today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts