BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My poor old girl has been a bit neglected over the past few years (though not as much as Daza's :grin:), due to having the K12GT for the last few years that I went to work on (since sold), then getting a baby bike for one of my lads to learn on (CB250 - 2000) which I've kept as a run-around, and then him upgrading and having a few issues (accidents) on his next bike (Hyosung Acquila 650) which I got to service and repair while he was away.... lucky me!

Haven't serviced it since 2017, but then its only done 4000km in that time.
So its strip down time and give her a good going over and cleanup.

But since its getting cooler here now, installed a diesel parking heater in the garage to keep me toasty while working on the bike!

Fun days ahead... took me a few hours just to get most of the tupperware off yesterday.. almost forgotten what a task that is!

Attachments

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my god..... I forgot you have to remove the entire EHCS unit just to get to the gearbox drain plug with normal tools!
The other bikes are way too easy to work on. :rant:

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gearbox drain plug out, only 4000km on this oil in 3 years. Not much fuzz on the plug, think it's normal, no big chunks. Any comments?

Attachments

Reactions: jzeiler and beech

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Things are going well, most service items completed, including a full flush of the ABS unit, and valve clearance check.
Otherwise mostly fluids, inspect and clean plugs and inspect brake pads.
Tomorrow will be tupperware time! There's another day gone.... :histerica

Love my 15 year old LT, well 16 if you count from build date.... :bmw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts