BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also drive a Suzuki M109R Boulevard that I wrench on and I learned all I kow from one of those inexpensive digital manuals from EBay. Does anyone here have a manual you recommend? I am especially looking for a procedural manual that does not make a mystery of GETTING to the end game. In other words, a complete manual that assumes you know little to nothing. That should fit me just fine! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome. I just purchased my 2005lt about a month ago. I did the 30k service myself including replacing 2 valve buckets. I originally got the BMW Repair Manual CD. I bought it because the one for my 2001 1100s was great. I didn't like the LT version. It's real hard to navigate and doesn't give much detail. I have since bought the Clymer Manual. I like it alot better. Good detail and easy to navigate through. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get the Clymer in my opinion. It has wiring diagrams for all the LT systems and that is a big plus in my opinion. I first got one of the 'el cheapo internet downloads that just didn't do very much for me if you had to get into anything very deep and nothing about wiring. Wasn't worth the $14.95 I paid, nust a waste. Also, for me, I want something that I can open and sit on a bench next to where I'm working so I can look at pictures in the manual to be sure where I'm at in the work.

So that's my .02 ¢ worth. Good Luck

·
Registered
403 Posts
I use the factory manual on cd, as I need to use my computer with the GS911 on my bike, and so I use that also.
I also have the book manual, that is Haynes, and if I find a Clymer manual on the RT, I will get it.
That way I get as much help as possible.
dc

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Clymers and legal factory manual here. Use 'em both but ifI could only have one it would be the Clymers.

I also have the Paul Sayegh disks which are especially helpful in the beginning.

Loren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts