BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I hope everyone is out riding this nice weekend (at least it is nice here in NY).
I'm going to start doing my own maintenance (really basic stuff like oil changes) on the 06 LT. Can anyone advise me if the Service Manuals that are commonly found on eBay are worth the effort?
The ones I've seen for sale are certainly inexpensive, but they typically don't list what year bikes they support.

Also, anyone have a recommendation on which tools are a must have for the guy who doesn't have much space for storage?

Thanks!

If all else fails, panic! If that fails, call a friend and let them panic!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Most of the service manuals on eBay that I have seen are really just a copy of the PDF file that can be found on the Internet for free. So most are a scam. A real BMW CD costs about $125 from what I recall and can be purchased from A&S Cycles or other online vendors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
CD repair manuals on Ebay are a waste of money. No specifics, no wiring diagrams, or how to's in detail. Buy BMW or Clymer. I like my Clymer. Got mine from Amazon.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree ,I bought CD manual on E bay ,turned out to be an bootleg copy of a OE BMW manual ,contacted vender/thief ,got refund , do you really want to help keep thief in business ? not me !

Bob G

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tarkusny said:
Hi folks, I hope everyone is out riding this nice weekend (at least it is nice here in NY).
I'm going to start doing my own maintenance (really basic stuff like oil changes) on the 06 LT. Can anyone advise me if the Service Manuals that are commonly found on eBay are worth the effort?
The ones I've seen for sale are certainly inexpensive, but they typically don't list what year bikes they support.

Also, anyone have a recommendation on which tools are a must have for the guy who doesn't have much space for storage?

Thanks!

If all else fails, panic! If that fails, call a friend and let them panic!
He is a REAL manual, not some CD ROM copy for $49.99. Covers years 98-05.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clymer-Service-Repair-Manual-BMW-K1200LT-GT-RS-98-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ34240QQihZ023QQitemZ360023987497QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

·
Registered
659 Posts
Tarkusny said:
Thanks for everyone's response. I decided to purchase a hard copy manual on Amazon!
Thumbs up on the Clymer manual.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,157 Posts
simoncharles said:
Title says up to 2005. Is it valid for later bikes ?.
Yes, no real changes on the 06 and 07, except for Xenon and some options, and colors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts