BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues trying to access their CD Service Manual in Windows 7? I just tried it for the first time last night and couldn't get it to run. I have it copied on a network drive and it starts horribly slow and then goes to an endless busy state when trying to access it.
Went to an XP machine and it worked great. I have the 2005 manuals.

Was wondering if anyone else has seen this and if BMW has an update or something available.

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,277 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
No problem on my Dell all-in-one running Windows 7 pro. I have both the GS and LT manuals and have copied them to the HD, so you might try that. I don't think they had an issue running from the DVD drive but I never tried that as Windows moved the files over from my old machine. I'll pop the DVD in tonight and see how it does.

·
Registered
231 Posts
dglenn1 said:
Anyone else having issues trying to access their CD Service Manual in Windows 7? I just tried it for the first time last night and couldn't get it to run. I have it copied on a network drive and it starts horribly slow and then goes to an endless busy state when trying to access it.
Went to an XP machine and it worked great. I have the 2005 manuals.

Was wondering if anyone else has seen this and if BMW has an update or something available.

Thank you,
I'm using it on Windows 7 with no problems. My version is for the 2005 K1200LT
There is however a little caveat; some drawings will not show up if I run it directly from my drive. They will show up only when I run it from a CD.
I suggest, burn a CD and run the manual from a CD every time - see if that helps.
BJ

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
bjedruszczak said:
I'm using it on Windows 7 with no problems. My version is for the 2005 K1200LT
There is however a little caveat; some drawings will not show up if I run it directly from my drive. They will show up only when I run it from a CD.
I suggest, burn a CD and run the manual from a CD every time - see if that helps.
BJ
I haven't tried WIndows 7, but I have many drawings that don't display when running on Vista. And this is running directly from the CD.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
I just tried it from the CD - no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts