BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the service interval chart for the 16 yet? I will get my 1000km done on Wed and would like to know what they are.

Garry

·
Registered
268 Posts
Canadian dealers are getting their intro on the bike this week in Atlanta.

My dealer says he thinks the service schedule is the same as for the K13GT, but he hasn't seen anything yet. That said, the 30,000km service is the one where the valves are checked, and since the rad has to be removed, the coolant fluid will be replaced and while there, they replace the spark plugs..

Strangely, there's no mention of the service schedule in the online rider's manual.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fluffy said:
Canadian dealers are getting their intro on the bike this week in Atlanta.

My dealer says he thinks the service schedule is the same as for the K13GT, but he hasn't seen anything yet. That said, the 30,000km service is the one where the valves are checked, and since the rad has to be removed, the coolant fluid will be replaced and while there, they replace the spark plugs..

Strangely, there's no mention of the service schedule in the online rider's manual.
My salesman is going to try to send it to me tomorrow.

Garry

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
Looks just like the Slant/4 Maintenance Schedules. The 1,000 Km/600 mile service is an engine oil change, FD oil change, and some checks and tests.

The 10,000 Km/6,000 mile service adds time and/or mileage-based references to valve checks (which means replacing the coolant), spark plugs, air filter, and brake fluid, plus a few more checks and tests.

The only new item is "Draining oil condensate hose", which might be related to the fact that the Slant/6 doesn't have an external oil tank like the Slant/4 bikes do.

Thanks for posting the info.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
The only surprise to me (other than the condensate hose) was air filters at 12K miles. Are the K12/13s the same? It was 24K on the K12LT, IIRC.

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
mneblett said:
The only surprise to me (other than the condensate hose) was air filters at 12K miles. Are the K12/13s the same? It was 24K on the K12LT, IIRC.
Yep, air filter at 12K miles for the Slant/4 bikes. But that just takes removing one side panel and there is no fuel filter at all, so no pulling the fuel tank for regular maintenance.

I remember the LT as being 24K miles, or 12K miles in "excessively dusty conditions", whatever that means.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Our dealers in Italy told us that the service interval for the GT/GTL is every 10.000Km. I've yet posted this question in the other Garry thread; it's the same for you or you've the interval every 15.000Km or more?

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
You can see in the Maintenance Schedule page posted above that the engine oil change is listed as "Annually or every 10,000 km" so that is the same.

Other items are listed as "every 20,000 km" or "every 30,000 km", or else they're time-based.

So it looks like these things are the same worldwide, as expected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts