BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Sirius radio back in '04, took the life time subscription. Turn it on for life an have 3 free transfers to another receiver in this period.

Receiver finally got tired of all that bouncing around, rock and roll and age. Would run fine when turned on but after a half hour or so would only work part time, turn it off, let it cool and it was OK again.

Off to the store armed with a company gift card, going to get myself a new one for Christmas. Carried it home, out of the box, do a nice install and call them to turn it on.

$75.00 to turn it on and the old one off. Now wait a minute, lets talk about this, that isn't what was promised when I first sent you folks $400. Matter of fact, have it right here in writing, on your letter head. Matters not, $75.00 to do this.

Must have caught me all wrong, young man on the other end of the phone probably thought he had R Lee Ermy on the line. Didn't do me any good so his supervisor got some of the same, still not go. Took it all out of the truck and back to the store it went for a refund.

When my blood pressure went down, called and talked to them again, the young lady who I talked to this time had been there a few years, know what I was talking about and even sold me a receiver, promised it would already be programed/activated, ready to go, no more hassles, sent it out and it go there yesterday.

Put my installation hat back on and installed it, getting to be quick and easy now. Turned it on, was not activated, here we go again. Called to have it activated, got a call center in Asia and right back to square one, $75.00 to activate it, never heard of a transfer, was the first lifetime subscription they'd ever seen or heard of, didn't know what to do but wanted $75.00. After an hour on the phone, finally got someone here in the USA on the line, and 5 minutes later got it working, without the $75.00 fee.

Why oh why do we have call centers off shore staffed with folks whos command of English isn't so good? Why do we tolerate companies who do this to us? Sirius already has my money and I'm sure I'll never get any of it back but by golly they will never ever see any more funds from me for anything.

Sort of wish I'd have invested in an iPod instead of a new receiver. Hope this one lasts forever cause we ain't doing this again. Should I ever be in a store and see someone looking at Sirius/XM, will surely try to talk them out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
gunny said:
Why oh why do we have call centers off shore staffed with folks whos command of English isn't so good.

Because the cost is about $.45 per minute as opposed to about $1.05 per minute here in the USA.

You asked...don't shoot the messenger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,276 Posts
gunny said:
Why oh why do we have call centers off shore staffed with folks whos command of English isn't so good?
And we wonder why we have 10% unemployment? :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,862 Posts
The secret to dealing with Sirius is....tell them you want to cancel. You will get sent to a person that will do damn near anything you want to keep you as a customer. Stay calm and ask for the moon. I've re-upped my subscriptions a few times with them and threatening to cancel is the quickest way to get the best deal available.

...and for you yearly guys, make sure they do not have your credit card on file. You'll be billed at the full "retail" price automatically.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
This is simple.. It's all about greed.. The Greedy Ethic of the Modern Corporation.

Rape and pillage while you can... Get as much money as you can NOW.....

Profit, Profit, Profit...

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
gunny said:
Got a Sirius radio back in '04, took the life time subscription. Turn it on for life an have 3 free transfers to another receiver in this period.

Receiver finally got tired of all that bouncing around, rock and roll and age. Would run fine when turned on but after a half hour or so would only work part time, turn it off, let it cool and it was OK again.

Off to the store armed with a company gift card, going to get myself a new one for Christmas. Carried it home, out of the box, do a nice install and call them to turn it on.

$75.00 to turn it on and the old one off. Now wait a minute, lets talk about this, that isn't what was promised when I first sent you folks $400. Matter of fact, have it right here in writing, on your letter head. Matters not, $75.00 to do this.

Must have caught me all wrong, young man on the other end of the phone probably thought he had R Lee Ermy on the line. Didn't do me any good so his supervisor got some of the same, still not go. Took it all out of the truck and back to the store it went for a refund.

When my blood pressure went down, called and talked to them again, the young lady who I talked to this time had been there a few years, know what I was talking about and even sold me a receiver, promised it would already be programed/activated, ready to go, no more hassles, sent it out and it go there yesterday.

Put my installation hat back on and installed it, getting to be quick and easy now. Turned it on, was not activated, here we go again. Called to have it activated, got a call center in Asia and right back to square one, $75.00 to activate it, never heard of a transfer, was the first lifetime subscription they'd ever seen or heard of, didn't know what to do but wanted $75.00. After an hour on the phone, finally got someone here in the USA on the line, and 5 minutes later got it working, without the $75.00 fee.

Why oh why do we have call centers off shore staffed with folks whos command of English isn't so good? Why do we tolerate companies who do this to us? Sirius already has my money and I'm sure I'll never get any of it back but by golly they will never ever see any more funds from me for anything.

Sort of wish I'd have invested in an iPod instead of a new receiver. Hope this one lasts forever cause we ain't doing this again. Should I ever be in a store and see someone looking at Sirius/XM, will surely try to talk them out of it.
Here's a tip. When you call a customer service center, you will usually get the option of English or Spanish. If you say English, you are connected to the call center in India. If you say Spanish, you will get a bi-lingual American. When they answer, apologize that you hit the wrong number. They will say no problem, they speak English and will be happy to help you. Works every time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I'd like to hear your rendition of R. Lee Ermy, Gunny :histerica I bet that poor guy on the other end quit and went home crying.
 

·
THE Democracy Doctor
Joined
·
5,694 Posts
gunny said:
Got a Sirius radio back in '04, took the life time subscription. Turn it on for life an have 3 free transfers to another receiver in this period.

Receiver finally got tired of all that bouncing around, rock and roll and age. Would run fine when turned on but after a half hour or so would only work part time, turn it off, let it cool and it was OK again.

Off to the store armed with a company gift card, going to get myself a new one for Christmas. Carried it home, out of the box, do a nice install and call them to turn it on.

$75.00 to turn it on and the old one off. Now wait a minute, lets talk about this, that isn't what was promised when I first sent you folks $400. Matter of fact, have it right here in writing, on your letter head. Matters not, $75.00 to do this.

Must have caught me all wrong, young man on the other end of the phone probably thought he had R Lee Ermy on the line. Didn't do me any good so his supervisor got some of the same, still not go. Took it all out of the truck and back to the store it went for a refund.

When my blood pressure went down, called and talked to them again, the young lady who I talked to this time had been there a few years, know what I was talking about and even sold me a receiver, promised it would already be programed/activated, ready to go, no more hassles, sent it out and it go there yesterday.

Put my installation hat back on and installed it, getting to be quick and easy now. Turned it on, was not activated, here we go again. Called to have it activated, got a call center in Asia and right back to square one, $75.00 to activate it, never heard of a transfer, was the first lifetime subscription they'd ever seen or heard of, didn't know what to do but wanted $75.00. After an hour on the phone, finally got someone here in the USA on the line, and 5 minutes later got it working, without the $75.00 fee.

Why oh why do we have call centers off shore staffed with folks whos command of English isn't so good? Why do we tolerate companies who do this to us? Sirius already has my money and I'm sure I'll never get any of it back but by golly they will never ever see any more funds from me for anything.

Sort of wish I'd have invested in an iPod instead of a new receiver. Hope this one lasts forever cause we ain't doing this again. Should I ever be in a store and see someone looking at Sirius/XM, will surely try to talk them out of it.
Agreed, Gunny. Sirius is a BIG disappointment.

If you have a "a la carte" receiver, you get to pick 50 channels for $7 per month. Even "premium" channels are only $.25 more, per month. But wait: if you want Stern, now it's DOUBLE! :wtf: But, thinking about it, for what they're paying Stern, they're making WAY to much money. :eek:

They keep playing with the channel line-up, also. It's almost like the line-up is some continual experiment! Can't we figure out what channels would be/are popular, place them and leave them? :confused:

I didn't trust them re the "lifetime" subscription, so I passed. Based on your experience, I made the right decision. :D
gdroege said:
And we wonder why we have 10% unemployment? :(
10%? In who's dream world? :confused: Try 20%, real world numbers--at least in kommyfornia! Welcome to the new Amerika. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DaveDragon said:
The Corporate Customer Relations personnel I spoke with can be reached at 1-888-635-5142 (Select Option 3) and at [email protected]

Give them a call, I bet you can get your $75.00 back.
Thanks Dave.

They never got my $75.00, refused to give them a cc number. The best they got from me was a butt chewing for being thieves. Ended up speaking to 5 or 6 people through the whole ordeal, only one was worth spit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
pickerbiker said:
Here's a tip. When you call a customer service center, you will usually get the option of English or Spanish. If you say English, you are connected to the call center in India. If you say Spanish, you will get a bi-lingual American. When they answer, apologize that you hit the wrong number. They will say no problem, they speak English and will be happy to help you. Works every time.
Now THAT is just darned clever - thanks! :wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
A lesson learned. Never buy a lifetime subscription or membership to anything. A marketing department's idea of a "lifetime" is equal to that of a mosquito.

Wait a little while, there won't be any Siruis either.
 

·
THE Democracy Doctor
Joined
·
5,694 Posts
westcott360 said:
A lesson learned. Never buy a lifetime subscription or membership to anything. A marketing department's idea of a "lifetime" is equal to that of a mosquito.

Wait a little while, there won't be any Siruis either.
They claim 20 million listeners. But we'll see how many they can keep?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72 Posts
The XM antenna for mu Zumo 550 failed. After diagnosing the problem with Garmin, they replaced the XM antenna which I used for years at no cost. I called XM Serius to have the new antenna activated. I was charged a $15 transfer fee and, get this, a $2 invoice fee.
I'm looking for alternatives. I will not renew.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
afgrava said:
The XM antenna for mu Zumo 550 failed. After diagnosing the problem with Garmin, they replaced the XM antenna which I used for years at no cost. I called XM Serius to have the new antenna activated. I was charged a $15 transfer fee and, get this, a $2 invoice fee.
I'm looking for alternatives. I will not renew.
Scrap the XM and go to AM for free. You can listen to Rush, more entertaining than music :rolleyes:
 

·
THE Democracy Doctor
Joined
·
5,694 Posts
afgrava said:
The XM antenna for mu Zumo 550 failed. After diagnosing the problem with Garmin, they replaced the XM antenna which I used for years at no cost. I called XM Serius to have the new antenna activated. I was charged a $15 transfer fee and, get this, a $2 invoice fee.
I'm looking for alternatives. I will not renew.
Time to pull a "Gunny" on their WORTHLESS asses! :( I see plenty of room for "negotiations," here.....:D
Boatzo said:
Scrap the XM and go to AM for free. You can listen to Rush, more entertaining than music :rolleyes:
Agreed, but they sound better on FM. :)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top