BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the glossy lit on the SR10 it looks like it might help me connect my HTC Sensation to the comm system.

Can someone let me know if this scenario would work?

1) I pair the SR10 with my cell phone and connect a cable from the SR10 into the comm phone jack.

2) Pair the SR10 to the cell phone and connect another cable from the SR10 into the comm aux input; then stream stereo from the phone to the comm.

Also is the SR10 the right device for this kind of application?

Thanks.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Gruivis said:
Looking at the glossy lit on the SR10 it looks like it might help me connect my HTC Sensation to the comm system.

Gruivis said:
1) I pair the SR10 with my cell phone and connect a cable from the SR10 into the comm phone jack.
Looks like you are trying to get the phone play out of the Lt's speakers, why buy the SR10 for that, cheaper ways to do it. Direct connect. I don't have the comm so maybe I am missing the idea?
Gruivis said:
2) Pair the SR10 to the cell phone and connect another cable from the SR10 into the comm aux input; then stream stereo from the phone to the comm.
Kinda the same as above.
Gruivis said:
Also is the SR10 the right device for this kind of application?
The SR10 was designed to interface comunications from other devices to a Bluetooth headset. Like using a two-way radio through the headset (this would enable longer distance communicatin than just a Bluetooth headset) along with your radar detector, GPS etc. Some larger group rides use two-way radios to keep the group together and safe. Take a look at the SR10 connection page to get a picture of what Sena thought it would used for. http://senabluetooth.com/support/connection_guide.php?tab_menu=sr10

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheesh, posted this and forgot about it.

Thanks John, I guess the SR10 is probably overkill.

What I need is a bluetooth transponder that will pair with my phone and provide the line input for the VoiceII's phone connection. A few years ago I had a bluetooth Motorola Speakerphone that had a line out. That worked for a while but I haven't been able to find a replacement.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts