BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK took the plunge got bluetooth headsets, SEMA had a booth at Sturgis was only 280 for a two helment SMH10 set with everything. Still finagling how to 100% attach it to my Symax 2 (the pivot is right in the way of clamping it on) but I am really impressed! Crystal clear, my Iphone works perfectly, really good range between riders. Knobs and buttons easy to use with gloves on, and updateable via USB as new features and compatabilities are added. (this decision was assisted by my wife who could not get my attention-and therefore her jacket-during a recent rain squall with a bit of hail). Of course I am now questioning adding the Jensen radio.. but hey it's :D on now right?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. I'm strongly considering this unit to replace my AutoCom. And oddly enough, I also use the Symax II, so let me know if you eventually get it placed.

Thanks again,
Frank

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Guys I have a Symax II also and the Sena Smh10. You need to get the SMH-A0302 accessory helmet clamp. If you go the the Sena site you can see a Symax with the A0302 attached. Just make sure the clamp is set back enough to clear the hinge.

I recently used their upgrade off to get the latest version with the USB port and I am having a problem hearing anything once I hit 50... Like most of the time on the bike. The older ones worked great, but no joy with the new ones. I have emailed Sena support twice now and am waiting for a reply other than, Thank you for contacting us. :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually used the glue-on pad trimmed to fit WITH the clamp, works fine. I had a little trouble initially with my sets but did the online 'reset' function. ...can you hear me now? why yes, I can!...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ive been using the Sena SMH10's for over a year now....(just upgraded ) I love these things...My wife rides a HD road king...will not be a passenger... :confused: :mad: :mad:

but the range is awesome....bike to bike , up to a mile (line of sight)...bluetooth to my Iphone works flawlessly...streaming audio, Sirius or Pandora great!!...also connected to my Nav lll

these have changed our riding experience for us completely.....can't say enough good things about them

Man, I love this bike!! :bmw: :bmw: :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts