BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speakers in the Sena SMH10 helmet headset stink. Have any of you had success in changing or replacing the helmet speakers with something of better quality?? Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't have experience with the Sena, but I use the Scala Rider. Because of where the speakers are mounted they are necessarily small, which translates to very thin sounding. Also the power that the headset is pushing them with is limited. You may be asking a bit much of them.

I can tell you that positioning is everything. You want the speakers sitting right on your ears in the helmet and pointed right at them. If they're just a hair off from straight at your ears you'll lose what little bass they do put out. Depending on your helmet you may even want to add some padding behind them to close the gap on your ears. I spent a few hours in my living room getting them situated in my helmet before I got the best possible sound out of them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Reactions: LeeBee

·
Registered
568 Posts
I purchased the Sena 20s in July 15...I was very excited because it was everything I had wanted and I did a lot of research....I almost cried after the first week. I could not hear anything....nothing...Very low voice from Sena and music...I thought I had the speakers installed correctly......So, I researched and bought the iASUS Logistics XSound 3 Helmet Speakers. (Part number IAXS3 )

I took out the Sena speakers and installed these....I have an Arai Q-RX Medium....Again I was frustrated..These speakers are just a tad larger and have to be placed "EXACTLY" over the ear canals....I twisted the helmet and Wow.....what a difference....The sound was 100% better and louder than the Sena's...But again, they have to be precisely placed......After 10 min of re-directing the speakers, it is great. So loud and clear that I have to turn down sound. At 75-80 mph on a new R1200gs paired with the Nav 5 and iPhone 6plus, things are great.

I am sure the Sena speakers will work if you can get them centered on the ear canal....but the iASUS are worth the $99 ....Just disconnect the Sena speakers and plug the 3.5mm into the Sena.....Works perfectly..

Hope this helps

IASUS Concepts - XSound 3 (XS3) Helmet Speakers

Reactions: LeeBee

·
Registered
568 Posts
I purchased the Sena 20s in July 15...I was very excited because it was everything I had wanted and I did a lot of research....I almost cried after the first week. I could not hear anything....nothing...Very low voice from Sena and music...I thought I had the speakers installed correctly......So, I researched and bought the iASUS Logistics XSound 3 Helmet Speakers. (Part number IAXS3 )

I took out the Sena speakers and installed these....I have an Arai Q-RX Medium....Again I was frustrated..These speakers are just a tad larger and have to be placed "EXACTLY" over the ear canals....I twisted the helmet and Wow.....what a difference....The sound was 100% better and louder than the Sena's...But again, they have to be precisely placed......After 10 min of re-directing the speakers, it is great. So loud and clear that I have to turn down sound. At 75-80 mph on a new R1200gs paired with the Nav 5 and iPhone 6plus, things are great.

I am sure the Sena speakers will work if you can get them centered on the ear canal....but the iASUS are worth the $99 ....Just disconnect the Sena speakers and plug the 3.5mm into the Sena.....Works perfectly..

Hope this helps

IASUS Concepts - XSound 3 (XS3) Helmet Speakers

·
Registered
542 Posts
The speakers in the Sena SMH10 helmet headset stink. Have any of you had success in changing or replacing the helmet speakers with something of better quality?? Thank you for your response.
Check these out on Amazon. Good Reviews. Pricey but good sound.
XSound 3 High Def Helmet Speakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts