BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sena SMH10 went on my HJC helmet ok, but the schuberth c3 install is challenging because the sun visor slider is right where the Sena should go, so the mic can't reach where it should and it also makes the sun visor slider tough to operate. anyone have tips/pics on this install? also tough routing the wires around the lip of the helmet and getting the unit's clamp slid between the liner and shell!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Don't they have a unit that you can attach anywhere on the helmet (Sticky) With leads on the mic and headphones that are longer ?

Looky here...

John

·
Registered
262 Posts
Diver4242 said:
Anyone have tips/pics on this install? also tough routing the wires around the lip of the helmet and getting the unit's clamp slid between the liner and shell!
You need to purchase the SMH-A0302 clamp kit. When you install the speakers, remove the cheek pad on the left side and route the wire under it. Run the wire for the right side inside the helmet under the lining and use the right cheek pad to hide some of the wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the Clamp kit require adhesive to secure the unit, or does the clamp itself hold the unit and then the longer mic cord allows you to move the clamp further towards the back of the helmet and not in the chin closure way.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
davidpalm said:
Does the Clamp kit require adhesive to secure the unit, or does the clamp itself hold the unit and then the longer mic cord allows you to move the clamp further towards the back of the helmet and not in the chin closure way.
I used the adhesive mount and not the clamp for our helmets. I also used a prep/primer that I bought at an auto refinishing store made by 3M. I used an alcohol swab to clean the side of the helmet. I then located where I wanted the Sena unit to sit behind the visor slide bar and traced the outline of the adhesive mounting bracket in pencil. I applied the primer as per instructions that came with the primer (you can google it download the instructions from 3M also). Next peal the adhesive tape cover and firmly squeeze/hold the mounting plate onto the side of the helmet for about one minute. Within ten minutes it is firmly bonded to the side of the helmet and will not come off (a common complaint of some users on other forums).

Using the adhesive mounting plate is essential for the Schuberth helmet and especially the new Pro version with the integrated antenna for the Schuberth BT collar. The bottom of the helmet is not thin enough for the metal clamp to fit properly. YMMV

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,183 Posts
ErnieA said:
I used the adhesive mount and not the clamp for our helmets. I also used a prep/primer that I bought at an auto refinishing store made by 3M. I used an alcohol swab to clean the side of the helmet. I then located where I wanted the Sena unit to sit behind the visor slide bar and traced the outline of the adhesive mounting bracket in pencil. I applied the primer as per instructions that came with the primer (you can google it download the instructions from 3M also). Next peal the adhesive tape cover and firmly squeeze/hold the mounting plate onto the side of the helmet for about one minute. Within ten minutes it is firmly bonded to the side of the helmet and will not come off (a common complaint of some users on other forums).

Using the adhesive mounting plate is essential for the Schuberth helmet and especially the new Pro version with the integrated antenna for the Schuberth BT collar. The bottom of the helmet is not thin enough for the metal clamp to fit properly. YMMV
+1 that's what I did for my C3 while Kathy's Nolan just took the standard Sena setup.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,183 Posts
Since I had to use adhesive to hold the clamp kit, how do I remove it if I want to upgrade from the SMH10 to the SMH20 without damaging the helmet?
Has anyone done this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.