BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if my Goldwing headsets can be converted to use with the BMW com system. Do the LT speedometers show correct speed or are they off like most other bike speedometers?
Thanks

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
geopateck said:
I am wondering if my Goldwing headsets can be converted to use with the BMW com system. Do the LT speedometers show correct speed or are they off like most other bike speedometers?
Thanks
The pre 2005 speedos are off around 10% (pretty easily fixed), from what I read here the '05 up are better, at around 3-4%, but not quite as easy to fix. The newer ones require pulling off and re-setting the needle to get it right.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
geopateck said:
Do the LT speedometers show correct speed or are they off like most other bike speedometers?
I really appreciate you wording this question the way you did. It never ceasing to amaze me just how many guys act like the LT is the first bike to have an inaccurate speedo. ALL of my bikes have had an inaccurate speedo at some level. Once I did the speedo-correction mod on my '02 LT, it was dead on! Less than 1% off of my GPS.

Just wanted to welcome you, and thank you. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
geopateck said:
Thanks
Regarding the headset question, they should work but you will mostlikely need to purchase new cords as BMW uses a 6 pin socket. The new numbers I believe are:
71600412989 (passenger)
71600413232 (driver)

I also understand that BMW intentionally overstates the main speedo by about 4-5 MPH and the BC upon reset is accurate. This has proven true on my 2006 LT when checked against a standard.

Good Drivin'

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
My 05' is off by 3mph and the BC with the reset is right on with the GPS, also the odo is right on with the gps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts