BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I get older (69 Friday) I find that I was considering a lighter bike. My wife seldom rides with me any more. She has a bad knee. I've looked at the RT several times and thought I might go that way. Well, Sunday I found one on Craigslist in Arlington. It had less than 6,000 miles on it despite the fact it was an '06. The gentleman selling it was 80 and he said he rode it to church on Sunday and then to lunch and once in a while he'd ride 8 or 10 miles out into the country. I couldn't pass it up once I saw it. He had dropped it once on each side and scuffed the bags but other than that it was perfect. I'm getting the bags repainted next week. This bike so much lighter and easier to ride. Now I have an LT for sale. I hope I can find a good home for it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
You have made a good move that will help you continue to ride. I too find the lightest bike in the garage often is my ride choice for the day. My S1000R only weighs 455 lbs., the little bugger is great. >:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Scuffed bags are great! I dropped my Ducati (on both sides) a month after I bought it. I got a second set of bags but never used them. Never dropped the bike again in six years and sold the unused bags online.

I bought my LT used, which had never been dropped. I dropped it a month after I got it. Now I don't worry about dropping it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts