BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, this is hard. I'm selling Angel my 2003 BMW LTE (ELITE). Later this month, Debby and I are moving to Oahu where we both have new jobs. I've purchased a 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 that originally belonged to our friend, Monte Rogers. It is a much better choice for the type of commuting I'll be doing. 125 miles around the entire island would just be too frustrating for the way Angel was trained. She is a long-distance rider's dream machine and deserves the open roads of the mainland.I know the newer bikes are supposed to be here shortly but for a third of the money Angel will be a sweet ride. Plus, she's already seen every state ('cept Hawaii) and has been across the borders in both directions.

You can see some of the equipment that I installed below. She has a couple of stratches that will airbrush and buff out and needs one of the rubber stick-on bumper guards for the sidebox.

Everyone can look up the blue book on this bike. Due to our need to move I'm going to take the best offer I receive over retail. I'm glad to answer any questions and work out purchase details. (281 455-6735) Anyone who buys this bike will be getting hundreds of dollars in accessories, a proven ride and many more miles of wonderful rides. I'd like to keep it in Texas but...
  • Titan Silver in Good Condition;
  • Appx. 50,000 miles
  • A great "LD Rally" Bike
  • The usual cruise, heated seats & grips, heated passenger seat, electric windshield adjust, and so forth
  • Bill Mayer custom seats, front and back
  • Heavier Ohlin springs with rechargeable gas shocks
  • HID headlamp
  • BMR co-pilot shelf w/ wings
  • Valentine Radar Detector included
  • AM/FM stereo w/ 6-CD changer, intercom w/ tape deck & FRS connection,
  • ICE cable for Ipod
  • Chicane tank bag
  • Stainless quick disconnects for fuel lines
  • Additional electric fuel pump and 4 gal. pillion tank for LD distance
  • New unmounted rear tire
  • SmartTire Pressure Monitoring System
  • Muth Mirror Signals
  • Remus exhaust with Rhinewest Chip
  • Full set of leather BMW bags
  • Highway ottoman pegs
  • 4 Gerbing connections/controllers (2 front/2 back)
  • Additional "RS" handlebar mirrors
  • Other stuff I can't even remember...
Please check with your friends who might be interested. I expect her to go quickly.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Enjoy the Islands..

Probably the one place I'd like to spend the rest of my days...

John

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd take $7300 with listed accessories if I could complete the sale before May 20th.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Good luck with your move!

Oahu is nice, but after visiting my daughter 5 or 6 times when here husband was stationed there, I do not know if I could it make a permanent home. Once you do everything available on the island in the first few months, the rest of the time could get boring (Island Fever). The last time I visited we just sat around the home, as we had already done everything we were interested in at least once. I had friends stationed there in the Navy, after a couple years they could not wait to leave. As you said, it is a SMALL island, and it gets smaller every day you are there. Not real cheap to travel inter-island very often either.

You WILL enjoy the first year, I sincerely hope that enjoyment continues for the rest of your time there. Warning: Most things purchased there are EXPENSIVE due to high shipping rates. Building supplies will make your jaw drop.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
eatanner said:
I'd take $7300 with listed accessories if I could complete the sale before May 20th.
You prolly have your reason for not doing it, but you might get a little more exposure other than just South Central, by throwing this in the Classified pages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts